Synopsis before translation?

Sep 2011
Russia
Can anyone help me with this question, please?
In 1953 Shoghi Effendi included as one of the goals of his Ten Year Plan the preparation of a Synopsis and Codification of the Laws and Ordinances of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas as an essential prelude to its translation.
Why is it so? Wouldn’t it be more logical to do this in reverse order – first to translate the Book and then to make a Synopsis and Codification of its content?

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
He was very busy and had to prioritize. Besides, some of The details of the text of the Aqdas required explanation to avoid people getting the wrong ideas about some of the laws. Starting from a codification, the Gurdian could make clear the meaning without anyone jumping to conclusions. That is my own personal speculation on the matter, so don't take it as authoritative.

Sep 2011
Russia
Jcc, thanks! Yes, my question is precisely about prioritizing. Don’t you think that making first Synopsis is like putting the cart before the horse? Also I’m not sure that I can see how a Synopsis can contribute much to understanding of the text? There are notes and Q&A for that very purpose included in the Book.