The Boundaries of Kindness

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
That was a wonderful response Camachoe. in fact you answered another question in my mind I was thinking about yesterday.
Yesterday as I was having a rest on the grasses in a public garden, I saw a Muslim woman talking (as a teacher) to a big group of women. She was spreading very false ideas according to Quran and the worse part was many of the women who were listening, were agreeing with her. The ideas she was teaching were SO false and SO naive and SO destructive that I felt sick on the spot and it continued until I slept at night.
the next morning I thought, "How can God love all His creatures? how can -->I<-- love everyone? How can I love someone like that woman?" and it looked REALLY impossible to me.
Now you made this very wise distinction between loving and liking; I see I had been trying to "like" people instead of "loving" them. I will ponder more about this aspect to absorb it fully in my soul :)
thank you so much :)

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
That was a wonderful response Camachoe. in fact you answered another question in my mind I was thinking about yesterday.
Yesterday as I was having a rest on the grasses in a public garden, I saw a Muslim woman talking (as a teacher) to a big group of women. She was spreading very false ideas according to Quran and the worse part was many of the women who were listening, were agreeing with her. The ideas she was teaching were SO false and SO naive and SO destructive that I felt sick on the spot and it continued until I slept at night.
the next morning I thought, "How can God love all His creatures? how can -->I<-- love everyone? How can I love someone like that woman?" and it looked REALLY impossible to me.
Now you made this very wise distinction between loving and liking; I see I had been trying to "like" people instead of "loving" them. I will ponder more about this aspect to absorb it fully in my soul :)
thank you so much :)
It is an amazing distinction between love and like. And because we love God, it is easier to love others as God's children, recognizing that God asks us to love all and leave the judgement to him. The liking part is where courtesy and kindness steps in. It is a beautiful dance we engage in living our faith.

Loving regards,
Becky