The end of the world.. Earth Quakes, Disease, Metor showers, ect..

Dec 2010
Pittsburgh
If I remember correctly, somewhere in the Bahai scriptures, mentions, that one day, all things will come to an end, nothing lasts forever, and all the scriptures of old are correct that the world will indeed one day end. I believe that indeed the prophetic cycle ended, and Bahaullah started the new era of revelation, but I think the world will end one day, maybe before 1000 years, before the new messenger comes to earth, or after 1000 years.. Does someone have the scripture pertaining to this.. Even the earth shall parish.. or something like that

Jun 2006
California
If I remember correctly, somewhere in the Bahai scriptures, mentions, that one day, all things will come to an end, nothing lasts forever, and all the scriptures of old are correct that the world will indeed one day end. I believe that indeed the prophetic cycle ended, and Bahaullah started the new era of revelation, but I think the world will end one day, maybe before 1000 years, before the new messenger comes to earth, or after 1000 years.. Does someone have the scripture pertaining to this.. Even the earth shall parish.. or something like that
Probably a good review of the Kitab-i-Iqan would answer your questions..

In like manner, strive thou to comprehend from these lucid, these powerful, conclusive, and unequivocal statements the meaning of the "cleaving of the heaven" -- one of the signs that must needs herald the coming of the last Hour, the Day of Resurrection. As He hath said: "When the heaven shall be cloven asunder."[1] By "heaven" is meant the heaven of divine Revelation, which is elevated with every Manifestation, and rent asunder with every subsequent one. By "cloven asunder" is meant that the former Dispensation is superseded and annulled. I swear by God! That this heaven being cloven asunder is, to the discerning, an act mightier than the cleaving of the skies! Ponder a while. That a divine Revelation which for years 45 hath been securely established; beneath whose shadow all who have embraced it have been reared and nurtured; by the light of whose law generations of men have been disciplined; the excellency of whose word men have heard recounted by their fathers; in such wise that human eye hath beheld naught but the pervading influence of its grace, and mortal ear hath heard naught but the resounding majesty of its command -- what act is mightier than that such a Revelation should, by the power of God, be "cloven asunder" and be abolished at the appearance of one soul? Reflect, is this a mightier act than that which these abject and foolish men have imagined the "cleaving of the heaven" to mean?
[1 Qur'án 82:1.]

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 44)

Inasmuch as the Christian divines have failed to apprehend the meaning of these words, and did not recognize their object and purpose, and have clung to the literal interpretation of the words of Jesus, they therefore became deprived of the streaming grace of the Muhammadan Revelation and its showering bounties. The ignorant among the Christian community, following the example of the leaders of their faith, were likewise prevented from beholding the beauty of the King of glory, inasmuch as those signs which were to accompany the dawn of the sun of the Muhammadan Dispensation did not actually come to pass. Thus, ages have passed and centuries rolled away, and that most pure Spirit hath repaired unto the retreats of its ancient sovereignty.

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 24)

This is the Day whereon the All-Merciful hath come down in the clouds of knowledge, clothed with manifest sovereignty. He well knoweth the actions of men. He it is Whose glory none can mistake, could ye but comprehend it. The heaven of every religion hath been rent, and the earth of human understanding been cleft asunder, and the angels of God are seen descending. Say: This is the Day of mutual deceit; whither do ye flee? The mountains have passed away, and the heavens have been folded together, 99 and the whole earth is held within His grasp, could ye but understand it. Who is it that can protect you? None, by Him Who is the All-Merciful! None, except God, the Almighty, the All-Glorious, the Beneficent. Every woman that hath had a burden in her womb hath cast her burden. We see men drunken in this Day, the Day in which men and angels have been gathered together.

(Baha'u'llah, The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 97)

Dec 2010
Pittsburgh
I understand these verses completely, and I agree with them because I'm a Bahai. Artha, we have understand that one day, the earth will be no more. Maybe not in our lifetime, or even after the next messenger of a 1000 years or so.. But the earth will too will be no more. I have to dig in my the scriptures myself and find the writings. I'm almost positive, somewhere in Bahaullah's (pbuh) agrees with the scriptures of old, and also states the world will too parish, as nothing last forever.

Jun 2006
California
As each globe has a beginning, necessarily it has an end because every composition, collective or particular, must of necessity be decomposed. The only difference is that some are quickly decomposed, and others more slowly, but it is impossible that a composed thing should not eventually be decomposed.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 179)

Yes, it may be that one of the parts of the universe, one of the globes, for example, may come into existence, or may be disintegrated, but the other endless globes are still existing; the universe would not be disordered nor destroyed; on the contrary, existence is eternal and perpetual. As each globe has a beginning, necessarily it has an end, because every composition, collective or particular, must of necessity be decomposed; the only difference is that some are quickly decomposed, and others more slowly, but it is impossible that a composed thing should not eventually be decomposed.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 297)

:cool:

Mar 2010
Rockville, MD, USA
As has already been pointed out, the "end of the world" passages in fact refer to the end of the Age.

And the "end of the world" won't be for around another 5 billion years, until the sun expands and engulfs the inner planets.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
Although we know of a certainty that the physical earth (and also the sun) will come to an end, in the Baha'i view of scripture, scriptures have very little if anything at all to say about this end. The end spoken of in the sacred texts it about the end of an age, the end of a period, and the beginning of a new. That doesn't mean we don't believe the earth won't someday end, but that the scriptures are concerned with more immediate and spiritual matters.

Sep 2010
Boalsburg, PA, USA
One fact is that the sun is gradually getting hotter. If no other celestial calamity destroys the Earth, in about 800 million to one billion years, the Earth will be uninhabitable as it will be far too hot. Beyond that, the sun slowly grows into a red giant and will eventually engulf the Earth. Our star is about half if its way through it's life at this point.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
One fact is that the sun is gradually getting hotter. If no other celestial calamity destroys the Earth, in about 800 million to one billion years, the Earth will be uninhabitable as it will be far too hot. Beyond that, the sun slowly grows into a red giant and will eventually engulf the Earth. Our star is about half if its way through it's life at this point.
That's nice to know.

So at 68 years I don't have to panic yet :happy: ;)

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
That's nice to know.

So at 68 years I don't have to panic yet :happy: ;)
It is nice to know, and an interesting thought for the future of mans progress towards God.

But Bill, you only need to panic if I say I am coming for a visit, otherwise life is a breeze :noob:

Regards Tony