The Four Valleys and the Seven Valleys

Jul 2017
Denver, CO
Near the end of "The Seven Valleys", the Blessed Beauty refers to four stages of the heart:

But to this evanescent One of the mystic ocean, this station is the first gate of the heart’s citadel, that is, man’s first entrance to the city of the heart; and the heart is endowed with four stages, which would be recounted should a kindred soul be found.​

I have also heard that acceptance and recognition of the Blessed Beauty may signify that the individual has already traversed the Seven Valleys.

I wonder, do the Four Valleys described in "The Four Valleys" correspond to the four stages of the heart mentioned in "The Seven Valleys"?

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I do not think so.
Four Valleys is written BEFORE the Seven Valleys, in 1857 in response to a question by Shaykh 'Abdu'r-Rahman-i-Talabani .
Seven valleys is written in 1860 in response to Shaykh Muhyi'd-Din .

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
I'd say they are different works, with similar names and are often published together, but different works. It has always seemed to me that Seven Valleys describes seven stages in approaching God, whereas Four Valleys describes four methods in approaching God. I wouldn't say they are related works, except in both describing approaching God, though one describes the process and another describes the approaches one can make.

Sep 2018
usa
7 valleys = 7 stages you go through to reach your goal. (search, knowledge, love, unity, contentment, wonder, selflessness)
4 valleys = 4 types of people who go through the 7 stages. (strict observers of the religious laws, the logical person, the passionate one, and those who are all 3)