The future of the religion

Dec 2010
France
Baha'u'llah said there will be a new Manifestation of God in 1000 years. Will there be a new religion? Will Baha'u'llah's teaching about unity of religion, equality of men and women, etc..still exist?
If there is a new religion, will it have a new name? Or will it always be BAHAI, since the Bahai Faith unites all religions...

Oct 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Baha'u'llah said there will be a new Manifestation of God in 1000 years. Will there be a new religion? Will Baha'u'llah's teaching about unity of religion, equality of men and women, etc..still exist?
If there is a new religion, will it have a new name? Or will it always be BAHAI, since the Bahai Faith unites all religions...
It will not be a new religion, no. This would go against one of the tenants of Baha'i, the oneness of religion. It will most likely have a new name, however, just like every prior manifestations teachings have before.

Dec 2010
France
Will it keep the old teachings ( Baha'u'llah's) and add new ones? Or can it delete some of Baha'u'llahs laws? ( I am speaking mainly about humanity, like unity or race, male and female, etc...)

Oct 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Will it keep the old teachings ( Baha'u'llah's) and add new ones? Or can it delete some of Baha'u'llahs laws? ( I am speaking mainly about humanity, like unity or race, male and female, etc...)
Of course, God can change his laws as he sees fit. In the Baha'i Faith, however, we are still taught to read and understand the Bible and Quran, because they still have valuable teachings.

What is said to be unchangeable are what you discuss here, the spiritual laws will never differ. However, in a thousand years, there will be many differences in society compared to now. These social laws are what are modified with each dispensation.

Dec 2010
France
So it will always be the same religion, forever, just with some changes in the name of the Faith and new laws for the new ages. Correct?

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
My perspective on that question is.............

A new Manifestation will most likely have a new name, thus the followers will be known by the new name.

New teachings for the age the word is revealed in will always happen, thus the teachings will reveal more truth to enable mankind to progress. That truth will not take away from any past truth but open/unlock greater truth.

The manifestation will come after the expiration of a full 1000 years, this leaves it open to the fact that after that 1000 years, it may be many 10s, 100s or maybe 1000s of years before the next revelation.

Cheers Tony

Jun 2006
California
Welcome to the Forum!

The wording of the statement of Baha'u'llah is ".. no less than a thousand years"..so it could be a thousand or MORE years. We don't really know..

"...a Dispensation which, as the Author of the Faith has Himself categorically asserted, must extend over a period of no less than one thousand years, and which will constitute the first stage in a series of Dispensations, to be established by future Manifestations, all deriving their inspiration from the Author of the Baha'i Revelation, and destined to last, in their aggregate, no less than five thousand centuries...."

There is only one religion of God. It has had different names at various times and due to cultural differences.. We have no way of really knowing what the culture or language will be in the future time.

We also do not know what the future social teachings will be.. It depends what the challenges are in that far flung age and the development and capacity of future generations.

I would like to add though that the challenges of today are far more important for us to attend to..that is, they should occupy our attention for the present as we are not really ready to know what the future will be like a millennia from now.

Nov 2010
Cheyenne Wy
The eternal, unchanging Faith of God is the inner essence of the Baha'i Faith and every other revelation of the Word of God.

One thing we know for sure about aliens, is that they have the same God we have. 500,000 years from now, Homo Sapiens will have evolved into a different species.

:cool: