The Future of World Religions

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I saw a web page today with diagrams and information about world religions and the estimations about how religions will occupy world in coming decades. the diagram looks really biased to me. it has not even mentioned Baha'i as a distinct religion. on the other hand the research is done by a research center and is it possible if research centers are biased?!
you can take a look at the link here:

The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050 | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

any ideas?

Nov 2012
Florida
I saw a web page today with diagrams and information about world religions and the estimations about how religions will occupy world in coming decades. the diagram looks really biased to me. it has not even mentioned Baha'i as a distinct religion.
"Dear friends! Feeble though our Faith may now appear in the eyes of men, who either denounce it as an offshoot of Islám, or contemptuously ignore it as one more of those obscure sects that abound in the West, this priceless gem of Divine Revelation, now still in its embryonic state, shall evolve within the shell of His law, and shall forge ahead, undivided and unimpaired, till it embraces the whole of mankind. Only those who have already recognized the supreme station of Bahá’u’lláh, only those whose hearts have been touched by His love, and have become familiar with the potency of His spirit, can adequately appreciate the value of this Divine Economy—His inestimable gift to mankind." -Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
"Dear friends! Feeble though our Faith may now appear in the eyes of men, who either denounce it as an offshoot of Islám, or contemptuously ignore it as one more of those obscure sects that abound in the West, this priceless gem of Divine Revelation, now still in its embryonic state, shall evolve within the shell of His law, and shall forge ahead, undivided and unimpaired, till it embraces the whole of mankind. Only those who have already recognized the supreme station of Bahá’u’lláh, only those whose hearts have been touched by His love, and have become familiar with the potency of His spirit, can adequately appreciate the value of this Divine Economy—His inestimable gift to mankind." -Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah
To that :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

God Bless and Regards to all - Tony

Jul 2011
n ireland
What never ceases to amaze me is the fact that only Roman Catholicism is more widely spread across the globe than our wondrous Faith:yes:

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
What never ceases to amaze me is the fact that only Roman Catholicism is more widely spread across the globe than our wondrous Faith:yes:
yes dear brother but what never ceases to amaze ME is that although we are the second most widely spread religion in the world yet we are considered in the same group with "other religions"; not even a separate category!
I hope what Shoghi Affandi has said soon comes to reality and i hope these kinds of diagrams are nonsense :)

Sep 2010
yes dear brother but what never ceases to amaze ME is that although we are the second most widely spread religion in the world yet we are considered in the same group with "other religions"; not even a separate category!
I hope what Shoghi Affandi has said soon comes to reality and i hope these kinds of diagrams are nonsense :)
The Vision of Mount Carmel as foretold by Baha'u'llah is already a reality, so will the rest be so. It is already built!

God Bless and regards Tony

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Dear maryamr,

Oh, such a prognosis - as they tend to be - is just an extrapolation of present trends, just like a prognosis for the stock market in 1928 would show that share values will continue to rise exponentially for ever, or a prognosis for the year 1941 would show that by 1950 the entire world would be under Nazi occupation. :)

Best

from

gnat

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
I saw a web page today with diagrams and information about world religions and the estimations about how religions will occupy world in coming decades. the diagram looks really biased to me. it has not even mentioned Baha'i as a distinct religion. on the other hand the research is done by a research center and is it possible if research centers are biased?!
you can take a look at the link here:

The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050 | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

any ideas?
I've seen this study before, and I think it is correct. Or, as correct as it can be.

We Baha'is aren't mentioned, not out of spite, but out of necessity. We gloriously have second-place for the most geographically widespread religion... but we're also half the size of Judaism. This combined means we have a very small percentage of people in most places on the earth. Thus, we're included in the "Other" category covered by the study, for if they included every single religion on the face of the planet, their study would have taken forever.

The study projects what the future religious demographics will be if current trends continue. And their data appears to be good, so this will likely be what happens, barring any major events. But religious demographics are a bit odd, and are subject to short, quick changes on often large scales. No study can predict that. Even if they had all the information in the world at the time, researchers in 0 AD probably could not have predicted the world's religious demographics 100-300 years down the line, due to the sudden, and impossible-to-have-predicted appearance of Christianity.

What I noted, though, was that from all this, the projected trend of irreligious growth in Europe and the Americas mirrors Baha'i prophecy on the matter, which states that atheism will rise in numbers before the Baha'i Faith does.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Tony; Gnat; thank you for your hopeful replies :)
and Walrus, I too agree with you but you explained it very well. thank you for the time you put on explaining it to me :)

Sep 2010
Tony; Gnat; thank you for your hopeful replies :)
and Walrus, I too agree with you but you explained it very well. thank you for the time you put on explaining it to me :)
Dear Maryamr ;) :eek: Not hope dear friend, knowledge, certainty. Longing in amazent of the unseen power building like a dormant volcanoe on the eve of eruption.

Can you yet not feel it? It is like the animals going quite before the natural event is to happen.

The power of the unfoldment is in the already written Words of God, the plan set and unfolding, we do what we can to help build, do not stop the building, give all and pray all you can in the cradle of the Faith, where the Powers was released!

I will visit the future Solomon Temple site tomorrow for prayers, standing where the structure may be. These prayers feeding the onrushing movement of this Faith and to always to be ever part of it.

I feel when prayers are given they join in harmony to this most great building power.

God bless you all and Regards Tony

Last edited: