The Leavening Agent of Mankind

Oct 2014
Stockholm
One of the wonderful quotes of our Faith is this:

“The companions of God,” Bahá’u’lláh Himself has declared, “are, in this day, the lump that must leaven the peoples of the world. They must show forth such trustworthiness, such truthfulness and perseverance, such deeds and character that all mankind may profit by their example.”

Yes indeed, I've been trying to do this all my life as a Bahá'í - not very successfully, but still...

These days, I engage in custody matters here in Sweden. Thousands of children suffer from the results of heatened custody battles, where every means, such as slander and false accusations seeem to have become acceptable as means to reach one's goals.

Now it so happens that there are several associations engaged in an uphill battle with public authorities, lawyers and courts of justice that are unduly involved in these battles.

Having been involved in these matters for some time, I've realized that a number of these associations actualy have the same goals and adhere to the same values. So, I try to apply these words of Bahá'u'lláh - trying to find common grounds and values. We all fight against slander and miscarriage of justice. It seems like a very worthy cause, entirely within the scope of the Faith, and I can see that people who are overwhelmed with trouble and grief actually regain their forces at the prospect of such concerted action. They have been waiting for the forces to unite.

A people's movement, for truth, justice and fair trial is not a bad thing.

Best

from

gnat

Sep 2010
Earth
This is indeed a quote to aspire to. It is said if you have these Two virtues of Trustworthiness and Truefulness all the other virtues will also be manifest within us.

Thus as Bahai's we strive to find strength in these virtues, then we can be seen the be what is that we should be, a "New Race of Men" to cement a Foundation for a New World Order to be built upon.

Be happy, be happy, be full of joy - Regards Tony

Dec 2015
N Ireland
One of the wonderful quotes of our Faith is this:

“The companions of God,” Bahá’u’lláh Himself has declared, “are, in this day, the lump that must leaven the peoples of the world. They must show forth such trustworthiness, such truthfulness and perseverance, such deeds and character that all mankind may profit by their example.”

Yes indeed, I've been trying to do this all my life as a Bahá'í - not very successfully, but still...

These days, I engage in custody matters here in Sweden. Thousands of children suffer from the results of heatened custody battles, where every means, such as slander and false accusations seeem to have become acceptable as means to reach one's goals.

Now it so happens that there are several associations engaged in an uphill battle with public authorities, lawyers and courts of justice that are unduly involved in these battles.

Having been involved in these matters for some time, I've realized that a number of these associations actualy have the same goals and adhere to the same values. So, I try to apply these words of Bahá'u'lláh - trying to find common grounds and values. We all fight against slander and miscarriage of justice. It seems like a very worthy cause, entirely within the scope of the Faith, and I can see that people who are overwhelmed with trouble and grief actually regain their forces at the prospect of such concerted action. They have been waiting for the forces to unite.

A people's movement, for truth, justice and fair trial is not a bad thing.

Best

from

gnat
Justice is perhaps the most beloved ideal of the Ancient Wisdom, thence the name of our governing body:yes: