The Living Quality of the Creation

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Allaho Abha everyone

I was thinking about what I read from a famous man today. He was saying that even the way we step our foot on earth, creates either anxiety or peace, and that we should scatter peace and love by each of our actions we do.

Then I was thinking if there are any quotes in Baha'i scripture which mention anything like "the whole universe is a living entity" or "the outward material universe changes based on how we act". I'd very much like to see any quotes relating to this matter.

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Allah'u'abha maramr, I must have read these quotes, as I see this message is universal.

Here is one from Abdul'Baha

"..It is obvious that all created things are connected one to another by a linkage complete and perfect, even, for example, as are the members of the human body. Note how all the members and component parts of the human body are connected one to another. In the same way, all the members of this endless universe are linked one to another. The foot and the step, for example, are connected to the ear and the eye; the eye must look ahead before the step is taken. The ear must hear before the eye will carefully observe. And whatever member of the human body is deficient, produceth a deficiency in the other members. The brain is connected with the heart and stomach, the lungs are connected with all the members. So is it with the other members of the body.
And each one of these members hath its own special function. The mind force -- whether we call it pre-existent or contingent -- doth direct and co-ordinate all the members of the human body, seeing to it that each part or member duly performeth its own special function. If, however, there be some interruption in the power of the mind, all the members will fail to carry out their essential functions, deficiencies will appear in the body and the functioning of its members, and the power will prove ineffective.
Likewise, look into this endless universe: a universal power inevitably existeth, which encompasseth all, directing and regulating all the parts of this infinite creation; and were it not for this Director, this Co-ordinator, the universe would be flawed and deficient. It would be even as a madman; whereas ye can see that this endless creation carrieth out its functions in perfect order, every separate part of it performing its own task with complete reliability, nor is there any flaw to be found in all its workings. Thus it is clear that a Universal Power existeth, directing and regulating this infinite universe. Every rational mind can grasp this fact...."

Abdu'l-Baha : Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha

Regards Tony

Reactions: maryamr
Sep 2010
This is a good one;

"...Be thou as a throbbing artery, pulsating in the body of the entire creation, that through the heat generated by this motion there may appear that which will quicken the hearts of those who hesitate..." Baha'u'llah : Tablets of Baha'u'llah revealed after the Kitab-i-Aqdas

Regards Tony

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Excellent quote. thanks a lot Tony. it was very helpful.
by the way, seems like only a few last survivors have remained here :D sad.

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Excellent quote. thanks a lot Tony. it was very helpful.
by the way, seems like only a few last survivors have remained here :D sad.
I see many will come back Maryamr, the forum does this from time to time, it is the ebb and flow of life. These times will be difficult for us all, what better place to show the optimism and hope we have for the future and to show the unity needed to achieve this!

Regards Tony

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Maryamr wrote, “I was thinking about what I read from a famous man today. He was saying that even the way we step out foot on earth, creates anxiety or peace, and that we should scatter peace and love by each of our actions we do.”

Maryamr: Considering your words and your request for quotes, I was reminded of these words revealed by Bahá’u’lláh: “They who are the beloved of God, in whatever place they gather and whomsoever they may meet, must evince, in their attitude towards God, and in the manner of their celebration of His praise and glory, such humility and submissiveness that every atom of the dust beneath their feet may attest the depth of their devotion. The conversation carried by these holy souls should be informed with such power that these same atoms of dust will be thrilled by its influence. They should conduct themselves in such 8 manner that the earth upon which they tread may never be allowed to address to them such words as these: “I am to be preferred above you. For witness, how patient I am in bearing the burden which the husbandman layeth upon me. I am the instrument that continually imparteth unto all beings the blessings with which He Who is the Source of all grace hath entrusted me. Notwithstanding the honor conferred upon me, and the unnumbered evidences of my wealth—a wealth that supplieth the needs of all creation—behold the measure of my humility, witness with what absolute submissiveness I allow myself to be trodden beneath the feet of men….”

Please take care. LR