The more correct view on life ?

Apr 2018
Ontario
Lake Weslemkoon is about a 3hour drive east of me. I’m down around the south east side of Lake Simcoe. I grew up in downtown Toronto and spent a lot of time the Don Valley Ravine which was pretty wild when I was a kid. I think that’s where I got to like being in the woods.

By brother-in-law has a masters is environmental engineering and works as a senior hydrologist for our environmental authority so I’m familiar with GIS. He has scraped data up of every sort possible and built a ground/surface water flow model that takes it down from what they were using, a square hectare to a square meter. I want to get a total station and have him build a comprehensive GIS map with all the data available to him for my area and plot all of the property structures and features onto it.

I may never get around to that though, I’m getting really itchy to go north. My wife’s parents are not well so how that turns out is a big factor of how soon we can go completely out into the wilds but I’m ready to go. My property taxes are over $3600.00 a year. I hardy use any municipal services and avoid the government whenever possible so that’s a lot to pay for my garbage to get picked up.

I’m looking at a biomass gasification cogeneration system that runs off of wood chips. I can get a continuous 150kW output with tons of thermal energy from cooling the internal combustion engine. I can also clean up the producer gas from the gasifier and use it as synthesis gas in a micro Fischer–Tropsch reactor and get gasoline and diesel as well. At that point a electric arc plasma gasifier can deal with any of my garbage that’s not cleanly convertable and then I’ll preprocess any recyclable materials and sell them back to wholesaler. Through in some greenhouses with organic heirloom vegetables and a few varieties of fish in an aquaponics system and no one will every hear from me again. I’ll have died and gone to heaven.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Lake Weslemkoon is about a 3hour drive east of me. I’m down around the south east side of Lake Simcoe. I grew up in downtown Toronto and spent a lot of time the Don Valley Ravine which was pretty wild when I was a kid. I think that’s where I got to like being in the woods.

By brother-in-law has a masters is environmental engineering and works as a senior hydrologist for our environmental authority so I’m familiar with GIS. He has scraped data up of every sort possible and built a ground/surface water flow model that takes it down from what they were using, a square hectare to a square meter. I want to get a total station and have him build a comprehensive GIS map with all the data available to him for my area and plot all of the property structures and features onto it.

I may never get around to that though, I’m getting really itchy to go north. My wife’s parents are not well so how that turns out is a big factor of how soon we can go completely out into the wilds but I’m ready to go. My property taxes are over $3600.00 a year. I hardy use any municipal services and avoid the government whenever possible so that’s a lot to pay for my garbage to get picked up.

I’m looking at a biomass gasification cogeneration system that runs off of wood chips. I can get a continuous 150kW output with tons of thermal energy from cooling the internal combustion engine. I can also clean up the producer gas from the gasifier and use it as synthesis gas in a micro Fischer–Tropsch reactor and get gasoline and diesel as well. At that point a electric arc plasma gasifier can deal with any of my garbage that’s not cleanly convertable and then I’ll preprocess any recyclable materials and sell them back to wholesaler. Through in some greenhouses with organic heirloom vegetables and a few varieties of fish in an aquaponics system and no one will every hear from me again. I’ll have died and gone to heaven.
Thanks for sharing something of yourself and your life situation... I like stories by which I can relate to other people on a more personal level. I sometimes find I have a lot in common with other people when people share on forums. Also, I do get tired of talking about religion 24/7 as I do on the other forum I am on most of the time. I don't know if it will ever make any difference to anyone that I continue with my proclaiming and teaching, only God knows. :rolleyes: I just do what Baha'u'llah said to do and writing is something I can do. I find talking to people online interesting and I learn a lot. I do not like socializing in person.

It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and skills for everyday living. My husband is good at taking care of the cats but he is not handy around the house or yard at all... I do not have any of those skills either. I do have people skills though, i can write and talk and find other people who know how to do things and I have the money to pay them, so...

I cannot avoid the government since I work for the government in the Property Tax division so I know where the taxes go to. My property taxes are high but partly because home values are soaring here since the economy is good . I wish it was simple for us to move to a more remote location or make any changes at all, but we have my job, 10 Persian cats and the three houses so that keeps us tied down, at least for now. One of our rental houses is in a very small beach town overlooking the Pacific Ocean away from all the hustle and bustle, but it is also way from health services or a hospital, so my husband would not feel comfortable living there since he has severe asthma.

Even though we are not active in the Baha'i community right now, I like to think in terms of what use I might be to the community if I ever retire, so that is a consideration when I think of moving. There are a lot of Baha'is in our county so I do not feel like I am needed here and maybe I could be of more use where there are few Baha'is or none. But that is not something I can think about now because I am mired in this tenant battle and getting the repairs completed on the rental house. The material world is really weighing me down. I never acquired all this stuff when I was into Baha'i Faith. I bought the extra houses before I came back to the Faith after a long hiatus, but now I have to manage them and the tenants. :(