The Power of Dreams

Sep 2010
Earth
Over the years One has many dreams and as we know there has been much written on this subject in the Baha'i Writings.

It is a shame we have lost the skill of dream interpretation, but as we know we would find it very difficult to sort what is Pure and what was not.

Thought it would be good if we shared a few just for interest sake, there have been many with wonderful dreams that have been told to me over the years, many finding Faith with a dream then its subsequent unfoldment in reality. These being the Pure type of Dream.

So we have the Dreams that are pure fabrication from the material world, dreams that are motivated by events in our daily lives, that have no outward meaning.

We then have a Mixture of Dream that floats in and out of pure fabrication on to the higher level of a Pure Dream, these are very hard to distinguish what is fabrication and what is truth.

Then the Pure Dream where the event is of the spirit which unfolds in spiritual worlds of God and then may even manifest itself in time in the material world.

So do you wish to share a dream? I will give a couple I remember from times past as to me it will be interesting to see if some tie into each other. ;)

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Earth
Earthquake of Intense Magnitude

Last night had a dream that I was in a Long rather narrow concrete room with other people.

The all of the sudden the room moved quite violently back and forwards, but no one seemed to be having trouble standing up, it was thought in the dream we should be having trouble.

It then dawned that this is an earthquake so I moved outside and the others followed. As we stood at the exterior we could see the buildings surrounding us and the one we had just exited moving back and forward quite a long way and quite quickly, still we all seemed to be able to stand without and issue. The thought came that this is a massive earthquake and it is lasting considerable time.

I then woke up :cool:

Interestingly with this I went back to sleep. I got up in the morning and while getting ready for breakfast I then realized, wait a minute what about the earthquake, it was so vivid I had recorded it in memory as happened?

Life is one heck of a mystery ;)

Regards Tony

Dec 2015
N Ireland
Last night had a dream that I was in a Long rather narrow concrete room with other people.

The all of the sudden the room moved quite violently back and forwards, but no one seemed to be having trouble standing up, it was thought in the dream we should be having trouble.

It then dawned that this is an earthquake so I moved outside and the others followed. As we stood at the exterior we could see the buildings surrounding us and the one we had just exited moving back and forward quite a long way and quite quickly, still we all seemed to be able to stand without and issue. The thought came that this is a massive earthquake and it is lasting considerable time.

I then woke up :cool:

Interestingly with this I went back to sleep. I got up in the morning and while getting ready for breakfast I then realized, wait a minute what about the earthquake, it was so vivid I had recorded it in memory as happened?

Life is one heck of a mystery ;)

Regards Tony
Amidst life's upheaval your faith enables you to stand firm. :yes:

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
have a safe place in case an earthquake happens! :D
this an interesting topic. your dream is very interesting too and if it was mine, I would have waited to find its manifestation in my life.
now what I wish to talk about is not a dream because dreams, as you already mentioned are sometimes VERY difficult to be unlocked and interpreted. what instead I am interested to talk about is "dream" by itself. you have said that we have three kinds of dreams; one kind is that which is produced under the influence of our daily actions, so they have zero outward meanings. another branch is those dreams that are half meaningful-half meaningless and the second branch are those dreams which are completely true.
now I have learnt that although this kind of categorizing dreams looks true yet it has a flaw for is it not said to us in Qur'an (and I guess Baha'i as well) that sleep is the brother of death? what happens in time of death is that the soul departs from the body "forever" and so is able to see whatever it had been unable to see because of the veil of the body. now, if sleeping is death's brother, I dare say that in time of sleep, one's soul departs from body only for a short time. by departing from body I don't imagine that kind of shining body coming out of one's physical body, Nay, but I mean the light of God which shines through us, finds some space to do things, to see things without veil of the body as long as we are sleeping because in time of sleeping, outward senses are off.
now, we have not told anywhere that sometimes when we sleep, our sleeping is brother of death and sometimes it is not! it means that always when we sleep, the soul find time to journey into the FUTURE without veil of the body. sometimes our brains are soooo muddled with daily actions that our dreams become highlyyyy symbolic, impossible to be interpreted. in such cases we THINK dreams are meaningless but in fact we have no meaningless dreams; we have no dreams that will not happen in future in one or other way. only that sometimes they are so symbolic that we cannot recognize the true meaning. the calmer the mind is, the clearer and less symbolic dreams will be.
this is one of the miracles of God. everyone has the power to see the future through dreams. what we don't have is the power to interpret symbols.

Nov 2015
United States
Let's give it a go.

--

I am Ashton Kutcher, former American Idol contestant. It's audience tryouts night, meaning people in the audience just come on stage to try out for the judges. A beautiful woman sings while Simon is backstage, so I go back there to let him know he has to listen. Without cameras around, he admits she is great and says she should be signed to a label immediately. When we return, the next contestant is a black man with a twin brother. Both come up on stage. They act strangely and wear odd clothes. One starts beat boxing most creatively, then the other raps/sings over it in a style the audience has never heard before. Everyone gets excited, even though these men are changing the rules of the show. As they build energy they move closer to the judges, until they are close enough for the spit of the beatboxing to hit them. Then suddenly the security guards rush in and lead them away. The audience boos, accusing the show of racial prejudice.

Then I am driving, from my parents' house to my aunt's house. I get there, sure I had a reason to be there but unable to remember it. I notice the foundation under their garage is pulling apart from the earth, pushing the floor into the garage door. As I begin chitchat, it is clear my aunt and uncle are uncomfortable with me being there. My uncle goes into the garage. I mention the floor, but he seems to pointedly ignore me. Then my older sister comes from downstairs. Apparently I am not the first one in my family to bother my aunt today. Next my whole family is there, and we find an old board game. I try to remember how to play. My sister explains the first rule to me like I'm an idiot. I am hurt. I thank her for the information before I point out that she could have said it gently. My other siblings back me up.

My alarm goes off and I wake.

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Earth
this is one of the miracles of God. everyone has the power to see the future through dreams. what we don't have is the power to interpret symbols.
Dear Maryamr - There is quite a lot on this subjecr in the writings, which may be good for this post. Bit short of time today. Good to hear from you.

Regards Tony

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Dear Maryamr - There is quite a lot on this subjecr in the writings, which may be good for this post. Bit short of time today. Good to hear from you.

Regards Tony
yes; I too have studied those parts of writings which talk about matter of dreams. yet I have not yet found anything which rejects the idea which i talked about. of course at first place it was not my own idea. it was very surprising for me to hear it but after I gave it a lot of thought I realized that it is true.

Sep 2010
Earth
Let's give it a go.My alarm goes off and I wake.
Quite interesting how dreams jump from one subject or situation to another. Also interesting how they are influenced by what activities we partake of in this life.

Thanks for sharing a mixture of possibilities!

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Earth
yes; I too have studied those parts of writings which talk about matter of dreams. yet I have not yet found anything which rejects the idea which i talked about. of course at first place it was not my own idea. it was very surprising for me to hear it but after I gave it a lot of thought I realized that it is true.
As time permits we will post relevant sections from the writings on this topic, I have found it interesting, as you know we can have some very weird and mixed dreams. The ones I have about The Faith always make me wonder how they will unfold in the Future events of life.

Regards Tony