Those Early Bahá'ís...

Dec 2015
N Ireland
I also do not see what Tony sees... I remember the 1970s too... what has happened to the Baha’is since then?

What I see in the world today, and I do not mean the Baha’is, are people who are completely lost.... :(

Admittedly, I do not get out much, I only see people at work and on forums, but what I see is people who are attached to the material world and most are completely aloof from God... Some are concerned about the problems in the world but they think that politics is going to fix those problems. :eek:

I spend almost all of my waking hours when not at work on forums... The nonbelievers I post to are completely lost as far as having any idea who God is or how God communicates... Among the Christians and Jews I post to constantly, I see people who are mired in the past scriptures and waiting for their respective Messiahs to come and fix everything that is wrong in the world... It is very disheartening but I keep proclaiming that Baha’u’llah has come and trying to explain what we can know about God and His message for this day.

I have given up waiting for any Entry by Troops but at least I will be ready if it happens in my lifetime. :D

Sincerely, Trailblazer
Friend, to spend all of your waking hours on fora is neither healthy nor productive. Please think about this.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Friend, to spend all of your waking hours on fora is neither healthy nor productive. Please think about this.
Thanks for your concern.

How do you know how productive it is? Only God can ever know what is in the hearts and minds of those I post to or what the end result will be. I do not know and that is not my concern. I just do what Baha’u’llah enjoined me to do. I take that very seriously.

My personal happiness is not a concern of mine. I am happy whenever I am proclaiming or teaching the Faith. Everything else pales by comparison.

Only living things such as animals really matter and my husband and I take good care of those. Other things that need to get done do get done.

I no longer have any interest in the material world of dust, and nowhere did Baha’u’llah enjoin us to partake of it any more than is necessary. Although Baha’u’llah allowed us to enjoy “the good things” the world has to offer, that is not the same thing as enjoining us to partake of those things. I prefer to do what is enjoined rather than what is allowed.

I take care of my health and I am in very good health except that I need more sleep. However.....

“If the health and well-being of the body be expended in the path of the Kingdom, this is very acceptable and praiseworthy; and if it is expended to the benefit of the human world in general—even though it be to their material benefit and be a means of doing good—that is also acceptable. But if the health and welfare of man be spent in sensual desires, in a life on the animal plane, and in devilish pursuits—then disease is better than such health; nay, death itself is preferable to such a life. If thou art desirous of health, wish thou health for serving the Kingdom. I hope thou mayest attain a perfect insight, an inflexible resolution, a complete health and spiritual and physical strength in order that thou mayest drink from the fountain of eternal life and be assisted by the spirit of divine confirmation.” Bahá’í World Faith, p. 376

People can serve the Kingdom in many ways. Not everyone is cut out for teaching the Faith and people can do so in various degrees and in various ways. Likewise, not all people are cut out for administrative work or children’s classes, etc. By having a variety of different kinds of personalities and skills in the Baha’i community we can accomplish what needs to be done.

~~~ Trailblazer

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
My wife and I have been remote for most of our Baha'i Life and have had many issues because of this. I have always appreciated this quote;

"....Abdu’l-Bahá said: Those who are working alone are like ants, but when they are united they will become as eagles. Those who work singly are as drops, but, when united, they will become a vast river carrying the cleansing water of life into the barren desert places of the world. Before the power of its rushing flood, neither misery, nor sorrow, nor any grief will be able to stand. Be united! It is rather dangerous to be an isolated drop. It might be spilled or blown away..." (Lady Blomfield, The Chosen Highway, p. 171)

We can attest to the accuracy of that advice. This Faith has power in Unity, not as individuals.
Whereas that is generally true, not all people are cut out for community activities or able to participate in them, given their life circumstances. Everyone is a unique individual. Right now it is really impossible for me to participate in the Baha’i community for personal reasons, but that does not mean that will always be the case... Meanwhile, I consider proclaiming and teaching the Faith the highest priority, given what Baha’u’llah wrote, which can be found throughout Gleanings... I do my best work when I am alone.

“Be not grieved if thou performest it thyself alone. Let God be all-sufficient for thee. Commune intimately with His Spirit, and be thou of the thankful. Proclaim the Cause of thy Lord unto all who are in the heavens and on the earth. Should any man respond to thy call, lay bare before him the pearls of the wisdom of the Lord, thy God, which His Spirit hath sent down unto thee, and be thou of them that truly believe. And should any one reject thine offer, turn thou away from him, and put thy trust and confidence in the Lord, thy God, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 280

I would like to respond to some more of your post but I just got four new posts on other forums so I have to run for now... :eek:

~~ Sincerely, Trailblazer

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Whereas that is generally true, not all people are cut out for community activities or able to participate in them, given their life circumstances. Everyone is a unique individual. Right now it is really impossible for me to participate in the Baha’i community for personal reasons, but that does not mean that will always be the case... Meanwhile, I consider proclaiming and teaching the Faith the highest priority, given what Baha’u’llah wrote, which can be found throughout Gleanings... I do my best work when I am alone.

“Be not grieved if thou performest it thyself alone. Let God be all-sufficient for thee. Commune intimately with His Spirit, and be thou of the thankful. Proclaim the Cause of thy Lord unto all who are in the heavens and on the earth. Should any man respond to thy call, lay bare before him the pearls of the wisdom of the Lord, thy God, which His Spirit hath sent down unto thee, and be thou of them that truly believe. And should any one reject thine offer, turn thou away from him, and put thy trust and confidence in the Lord, thy God, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 280

I would like to respond to some more of your post but I just got four new posts on other forums so I have to run for now... :eek:

~~ Sincerely, Trailblazer
All good, as I also think we are where we need to be, a bounty of Baha'u'llah.

I like to remember we are never alone and none of our best work, is our work. I know you know that. ;):cool::eek::yes:

Regards Tony