Tips for Fasting...

Mar 2020
Australia
One of the most asked questions by peoples who are in intermittent fasting is, does chewing gum break a fast?

The answer is Yes. It breaks your Fast. Because chewing contains chemicals and the definition of fasting is the willful refrainment from eating for a period of time.

So as soon as you chew gum, your fast will break. But, if you think that chewing gum satisfies your need to have something in your mouth and it helps you to maintain your diet & fast, and you're getting effective results, then you can go for it.

I strongly suggest you check this awesome article about can you chew gum while fasting.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
One of the most asked questions by peoples who are in intermittent fasting is, does chewing gum break a fast?

The answer is Yes. It breaks your Fast. Because chewing contains chemicals and the definition of fasting is the willful refrainment from eating for a period of time.

So as soon as you chew gum, your fast will break. But, if you think that chewing gum satisfies your need to have something in your mouth and it helps you to maintain your diet & fast, and you're getting effective results, then you can go for it.

I strongly suggest you check this awesome article about can you chew gum while fasting.
I would suggest one just undertakes the fast and not give in to a habit, that will break the fast.

Regards Tony