To Venu

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I suppose to an outside observer, there is no way to know which prophet or mystic will eventually have millions or billions of followers and scriptures that will be used for thousands of years in the future. Speaking personally, I feel a strong spiritual connection and am convinced in every way, heart and mind, that Baha’u’llah is a Universal Manifestation of God, according to the definition I provided above. It will take centuries before that is effectively proved out, because it has only been less than 200 years since His Revelation, so I appreciate that most people would assume Baha’u’llah is not different than many other mystics or lesser prophets, but to me there is a world of difference.
I spend practically all my free time on forums mostly posting to nonbelievers, and they continually ask me why I believe in God, what is the evidence that God exists? I tell them that for me it is the Revelation of Baha'u'llah. (I did not even think about God before I became a Baha'i at age 17.)

Then these nonbelievers ask me what the evidence is that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God, whom I normally refer to as a Messenger. Below is an example of what I post, although there are many different variations, since I post to so many different people. All this evidence explains why Baha'u'llah was different than the many other mystics or lesser prophets, and why there is a world of difference.

Nobody can prove that anyone got messages from God, only the Messenger knows that. Whether we choose to believe the claim or not is based upon the evidence that supports the claim.
The evidence that Baha’u’llah was who He claimed to be is His character; the history of His life; what He did during His mission on earth; the scriptures that He wrote; what others have written about Him; the Bible prophecies that He fulfilled and the prophecies of other religions that He fulfilled; the predictions He made that have come to pass; the religion that was established as the result of His Revelation, what His followers all over the world have done and are doing now.
Baha’u’llah had a good character, an important mission on earth that was completed successfully, and scriptures that contain valuable information about God and other things we need to know in order to fulfill the purpose for our existence. Those scriptures have social teachings and laws for this new age in this new age and the blueprint instructions humanity needs to build the Kingdom of God on earth. There is a religion established by His followers who are living according to the teachings and laws and completing the tasks assigned by Him. Baha’u’llah fulfilled all the Bible prophecies that refer to the Messiah and the return of Christ, many of which are so specific and that they could not be fulfilled by anyone else in the future. On top of all that, Baha’u’llah made many predictions that came to pass.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Are you going to set the rules for God and His avatars? Is it not possible that you with your limited mental capabilities cannot understand all the mysterious ways that God operates through His avatars? Something to think about.
I cannot speak for any other Baha'is, I can only speak for myself. As a Baha'i, I believe that Baha'u'llah is the Final Authority on God-related matters and His Authority supersedes what any other man or woman might say in this age. This went into effect when He declared His mission in 1863 and remains in force until another Manifestation of God appears, in no less than 1000 years. I believe this is the Truth from God because Baha'u'llah wrote it and I believe everything He wrote is the Truth.

I have to accept everything Baha'u'llah wrote because it represents the Will of God. Otherwise, I am questioning God and being disobedient to God.
That belief is based upon this passage:

“The essence of belief in Divine unity consisteth in regarding Him Who is the Manifestation of God and Him Who is the invisible, the inaccessible, the unknowable Essence as one and the same. By this is meant that whatever pertaineth to the former, all His acts and doings, whatever He ordaineth or forbiddeth, should be considered, in all their aspects, and under all circumstances, and without any reservation, as identical with the Will of God Himself. This is the loftiest station to which a true believer in the unity of God can ever hope to attain. Blessed is the man that reacheth this station, and is of them that are steadfast in their belief.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Are you referring to Duane's OP?
Why would that be considered proselytizing?
I said close to proselytizing for a reason. I'm not willing to say it is certainly proselytizing, because I harbor doubt that it was intended as such.

Generally speaking, the definition of the term is "the action of attempting to convert someone from one religion, belief, or opinion to another," so telling someone they should embrace your religion's laws fits that definition quite snugly, and so it seems, to me, like haram territory at worst, and at best, an ethically gray area nearing the sin of fault-finding that I'd still advise avoiding.

Maybe it is not appropriate to tell someone what they should do, but that is another matter, a matter of manners.
However, when what you are telling someone to do is to embrace your religion, it is more than that, and oversteps the boundaries of what is permissible within the Faith's laws.

I do understand how this might have been more appropriate in a private message.
I'm leaving open the possibility this was intended as a question to a specific user. But that's precisely what a private message is for.

If the whole thread is targeted at a specific user and is even titled "To User", then I'd say it'd be better as a PM since that's exactly what private messaging is for. If the intended recipient is them then why not send it to them directly and privately??

The only reason for making a piece of unsolicited advice public, rather than private when the option is readily available, would be to call out that specific person publicly in a manner not dissimilar to fault finding. I strongly doubt that was the intent of the original post, I must stress that fact since I'm not meaning to call out anyone myself, I am more willing to believe it was an oversight or lack of knowledge of the private messaging system itself rather than any ill intent.

I mean, say for example I think something you've done is against the Faith. Would you prefer I come to you in private with such concerns, or publicly post the accusation against you on the forum on its own dedicated thread?? (in reality I am nonconfrontational to a fault and would just keep to myself, of course, :p but for sake of argument I can guess you can see why a private message would be the preferable way to handle such a scenario).

Feb 2019
Chicago
I cannot speak for any other Baha'is, I can only speak for myself. As a Baha'i, I believe that Baha'u'llah is the Final Authority on God-related matters and His Authority supersedes what any other man or woman might say in this age. This went into effect when He declared His mission in 1863 and remains in force until another Manifestation of God appears, in no less than 1000 years. I believe this is the Truth from God because Baha'u'llah wrote it and I believe everything He wrote is the Truth.
Have you read the story about the frog and the turtle. The story is about a frog who lives in a well. He has no idea what’s outside of that well. One day a turtle from the ocean comes along and tells him about the great wide world, and the beautiful blue ocean. The frog can't appreciate he’s been living in such a small world and he fantically insists there can be no water mass bigger than his well. The turtle is left to smile at the ignorance of the frog.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Have you read the story about the frog and the turtle. The story is about a frog who lives in a well. He has no idea what’s outside of that well. One day a turtle from the ocean comes along and tells him about the great wide world, and the beautiful blue ocean. The frog can't appreciate he’s been living in such a small world and he fantically insists there can be no water mass bigger than his well. The turtle is left to smile at the ignorance of the frog.
The Revelation of Baha’u’llah has been likened to an ocean, it is so expansive.

Speaking of Ocean, Ocean is a free collection of the World's Religious literature managed by a unique book-centered research engine. It contains over 1000 books of 10 world religions in English as well as collections in six other languages (French, Spanish, German, Russian, Dutch, and Portuguese). Ocean works on both Macs and PCs.

Ocean: Bahá'í Writings search engine

Most Baha’is downloaded that a long time ago, but I just do not have time to read.

I might be interested in reading about other religions but I can barely manage reading the Baha’i Writings, given my lifestyle.

I do not need more than one religion. More is not always better or necessary.

However, I will always seek truth wherever it may be found and I will continue to learn and grow for the rest of my life. Truth is everywhere to be found, not only in religion, and not only in this life.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

Feb 2019
Chicago
Are you implying that I am ignorant like the frog? If so why?
I am just asking. Please give me a direct answer. I do not do well with people who are indirect.
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - Jesus Christ

Fix your mind on Me alone and surrender your intellect to Me. There upon, you will always live in Me. Of this, there is no doubt. - Lord Krishna

Always think of Me, be devoted to Me, worship Me, and offer obeisance to Me. Doing so, you will certainly come to Me. This is My pledge to you, for you are very dear to Me. - Lord Krishna

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - Jesus Christ

Fix your mind on Me alone and surrender your intellect to Me. There upon, you will always live in Me. Of this, there is no doubt. - Lord Krishna

Always think of Me, be devoted to Me, worship Me, and offer obeisance to Me. Doing so, you will certainly come to Me. This is My pledge to you, for you are very dear to Me. - Lord Krishna
I asked for a direct answer. I am not very good at guessing games. :confused:

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
New Users