UHJ makes 3 decisions affect the Bahai calendar

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
I am not sure if anyone has understood the significance of this announcement to the Baha'i world. The final link of the Baha'i Faith to Islam or its calendar has been severed. The anniversaries of the twin Birthdays were celebrated according to the Islamic calendar up until this point. From now on it will be celebrated in a different manner. This is the equivalent of the Council of Nicea changing the date of Easter for the Christian world forever severing its links to Judaism or the change of the Qiblih by the Prophet of God from Jerusalem to Mecca. This announcement is very historic in so many ways and we should all render thanks to the Almighty for it.
Well said, my friend. This is a truly monumental and historic event the full significance of which may take some time to sink in.

Cheers

Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Very dear friends

As Fadl said:

This is a truly monumental and historic event the full significance of which may take some time to sink in.
A statement of independence. An act to bring the entire world into one. A hint of what lies ahead of this Cause. A direct vision to the Baha'is of where the Faith has attained to. A clarification of our identy as one people under One God. An encouragement to increase our efforts. A glimmer of the world whose foundations are being laid today.

So many implications, some of which will not be seen till our childrens days, but the influence of which will immediately affect our own lives in ways as yet unforeseen by any of us. And how could we foresee? Already we are in uncharted waters, and except for the infallible guidance of the Universal House of Justice, we would be swept on the rocks - that steadying Hand of the Ancient Beauty through His Institutions ensures that we remain safe and on course.

Excited !!

Very excited !!

Very very excited !!

With warmest of greetings

Romane