Understanding a Hidden Word

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
O Son of Spirit!

My claim on thee is great, it cannot be forgotten. My grace to thee is plenteous, it cannot be veiled. My love has made in thee its home, it cannot be concealed. My light is manifest to thee, it cannot be obscured.

, “The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh” , a20

I have trouble understanding this Hidden Word. Who can't forget, veil, conceal or obscure? The individual with the claim on him, etc.? That individual forgets, veils to himself, conceals to himself and obscures to himself all the time. Is it God who cannot do this?

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Thank you Duane, it is indeed a good meditation.

It could relate to our struggle with self. I see the unconstrained is always there focused at the mirror of our heart. It shines no matter what we choose. I see when we go beyond self, we see those attributes in all people, the unconstrained shines from all, as we overlook all that is not from God.

A project we will always work on.

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
There was this exchange in Planet Baha'i:

Duane,

Several Writings by Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha confirm :

O Son of Spirit!

My claim on thee is great, it cannot be forgotten. My
grace to thee is plenteous, it cannot be veiled. My love has made in thee its home, it cannot be concealed. My light is manifest to thee, it cannot be obscured.

Why is this written as both the hidden and the truth? Grace, Love, and Light are Names of God, His Attributes, and reside, as created, in our own being as we were created in His image.

I think I finally get it. They are inside us already so they are not hidden to our soul, but they are hidden to our consciousness.

Reactions: tonyfish58