Was Baha’u’llah the Prince of this world?

Sep 2017
Earth
If someone shows interest there is a good reason to spend time on it. If I bring up the Baha’i Faith and receive a negative or dismissive response I make one atempt to proved a prospective to address the issue and then cut and run to the next one. Sometimes it’s best to just make mention of Baha’u’llah and let Him spark an interest in a person if they are receptive. I have only ever been attracted to the writings and have only once or twice met a Baha’i that could present the faith accurately.
How great is this cause that we don’t need to disagree with any believers

What attracts one person may not attract another. For someone hearing Bahá’u’lláh is the return of Christ could be a deal breaker, but may become a Bahá’í eventually after learning about children’s classes and how children are being taught virtues and slowly being eased into religious prophecies. Open mindedness is key in effective teaching, prayer, and deepening. This is just my understanding though.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
If someone shows interest there is a good reason to spend time on it. If I bring up the Baha’i Faith and receive a negative or dismissive response I make one atempt to proved a prospective to address the issue and then cut and run to the next one. Sometimes it’s best to just make mention of Baha’u’llah and let Him spark an interest in a person if they are receptive. I have only ever been attracted to the writings and have only once or twice met a Baha’i that could present the faith accurately.
There sure is a lot to present about the Faith. I just follow the lead of whoever I am talking to. I normally do not bring up the Faith in personal interactions, socially or at work, unless it is related to a conversation, or unless someone asks me what I believe... Normally I only talk about the Faith on forums...

The internet forum discussion groups offer the Baha’is a unique opportunity to “proclaim” and then “share” the Faith with whomever is interested, because we can reach a wide audience and people can take it or leave it, they do not have to feel obligated to listen as they would in person. In person, I find it somewhat awkward talking about the Faith, especially if I do not know what the beliefs are of the other party. I do not want to offend anyone.

Now that I have had so much experience talking about the Faith on forums I find it is easier to talk in person, because I have learned so much about people and how to talk to them. I have also learned how to be more tolerant of people who believe differently than I do or do not believe at all. Learning to get along with people online is no different from in person, and gives us the opportunity to hone our character. I am not a sociable person so I would never have learned all this in real life social situations.

Everyone has to find their own comfort zone. Many Baha’is are more comfortable sharing the Faith in person or at a Fireside and they would not want to take a lot of time writing posts on forums unless they enjoy writing as I do.

“Consort with all men, O people of Bahá, in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship. If ye be aware of a certain truth, if ye possess a jewel, of which others are deprived, share it with them in a language of utmost kindliness and good-will. If it be accepted, if it fulfil its purpose, your object is attained. If anyone should refuse it, leave him unto himself, and beseech God to guide him. Beware lest ye deal unkindly with him. A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men. It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding….” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 289
“The second Taráz is to consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship, to proclaim that which the Speaker on Sinai hath set forth and to observe fairness in all matters.
They that are endued with sincerity and faithfulness should associate with all the peoples and kindreds of the earth with joy and radiance, inasmuch as consorting with people hath promoted and will continue to promote unity and concord, which in turn are conducive to the maintenance of order in the world and to the regeneration of nations. Blessed are such as hold fast to the cord of kindliness and tender mercy and are free from animosity and hatred.” Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 35-36

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
When we see how Abdul Baha taught we can see how he transformed the most hardened people. I think tact and wisdom is key, if we know someone is hardened making friends, real friends is key. When we see how many Bahá’í are Bahá’í because their parents are we can ask the question how many people would be Bahá’í if they We’re born in that family? Quite a few, so it’s up to us how we teach. Maybe we can’t reach everyone and they can only be reached by something else. That’s why ‘when the victory arriveth every man shall profess himself as believer’.. that will be the only thing that will change some people .. large numbers
Anymore, I only think about getting the message out, I do not care if people become Baha'is. If they are not receptive, I do not bother them again. There is always another person... Baha'u'llah said to "Unloose your tongues, and proclaim unceasingly His Cause." We are assured that the Cause will triumph eventually.

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth. Place, in all circumstances, Thy whole trust in Thy Lord, and fix Thy gaze upon Him, and turn away from all them that repudiate His truth. Let God, Thy Lord, be Thy sufficing succorer and helper. We have pledged Ourselves to secure Thy triumph upon earth and to exalt Our Cause above all men, though no king be found who would turn his face towards Thee.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 248-249