Wearing a chastity belt and keyholding.

Mar 2013
Ottawa, ON
I don't know where else to ask these question, so I'll ask them here.
I am not aware of any Baha'i writings addressing the wearing of a chastity belt or of holding the keys to one, though there are various writings on chastity and I'm sure less directly related topics. For the sake of convenience, I'll just use the generic masculine pronoun throughout this post, bearing in mind that both male and female chastity belts exist and that members of both sexes wear them.

Firstly, are you aware of any Baha'i Law (whether explicit or implicit) against the wearing of a chastity belt, assuming that the wearer has chosen of his own free will to lock himself into one?
Secondly, assuming the person is married, we can reasonably assume that he would give the key to his spouse. If he is not married, however, he may choose to give it to a professional discrete online or other keyholding service (usually for profit with a key holding fee) or a friend or family member whom he trusts (probably far less likely owing to a possible fear of being judged). Is there any Law or principle in the writings, however subtle they may be, against holding the keys to such a personal device of someone to whom one is not married or even closely related?
And thirdly, would it be appropriate for a Baha'i to offer a professional keyholding service for male and female chastity belts?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mar 2013
Netherlands
Baha'i laws aren't imposed by people but are between a human soul and God. It's about free will.

So no, there's nothing about chastity belts.

Mar 2013
Netherlands
Nothing is explicit but it would certainly be against the spirit of the Faith. Laws are not imposed upon individuals by other individuals.

The funny thing about the Baha'i Faith is that some things sound really progressive, and others sound old fashioned, but really they aren't, because the difference is who is doing the enforcing. These are laws for adults who choose to follow of their own volition because they believe that Baha'u'llah knows something they don't and following the laws will be beneficial to themselves, and, in some instances, also for society.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
I am not aware of any Baha'i writings addressing the wearing of a chastity belt or of holding the keys to one, though there are various writings on chastity and I'm sure less directly related topics. For the sake of convenience, I'll just use the generic masculine pronoun throughout this post, bearing in mind that both male and female chastity belts exist and that members of both sexes wear them.

Firstly, are you aware of any Baha'i Law (whether explicit or implicit) against the wearing of a chastity belt, assuming that the wearer has chosen of his own free will to lock himself into one?
Secondly, assuming the person is married, we can reasonably assume that he would give the key to his spouse. If he is not married, however, he may choose to give it to a professional discrete online or other keyholding service (usually for profit with a key holding fee) or a friend or family member whom he trusts (probably far less likely owing to a possible fear of being judged). Is there any Law or principle in the writings, however subtle they may be, against holding the keys to such a personal device of someone to whom one is not married or even closely related?
And thirdly, would it be appropriate for a Baha'i to offer a professional keyholding service for male and female chastity belts?

Chastity belts!!! Run for your life! You've run into mad people!

gnat

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile

Ah dear friend, are you joking?

I feel Suzanne has answered your question, no chastity belts.

Mar 2013
Ottawa, ON
I think Suzanne9 is correct. I was thinking the same.

It might be different as part of a sex game between husband and wife, but as an actual replacement for self-discipline in everyday life, it goes too far.
One friend of mine had told me that therapists have been known to recommend them for sex addicts as a temporary solution and an online search seems to confirm that, but I would imagine those would be extreme cases or that the client recommended it and the therapist passively acknowledged it as an option or something else.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
I think Suzanne9 is correct. I was thinking the same.

It might be different as part of a sex game between husband and wife, but as an actual replacement for self-discipline in everyday life, it goes too far.
One friend of mine had told me that therapists have been known to recommend them for sex addicts as a temporary solution and an online search seems to confirm that, but I would imagine those would be extreme cases or that the client recommended it and the therapist passively acknowledged it as an option or something else.
Yes what you say regarding therapy for extreme cases, may be a reason to use such a device. Something for doctors and therepists and the law to consider, out side of my field.