What does "seek no other helper" mean?

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
I was kind of wondering what "does seek no other helper" mean? The scriptures also says to "Consort with the followers all religions" and "Resort ye, in times of sickness, to competent physicians"

O SON OF EARTH! Wouldst thou have Me, seek none other than Me; and wouldst thou gaze upon My beauty, close thine eyes to the world and all that is therein; for My will and the will of another than Me, even as fire and water, cannot dwell together in one heart.

O SON OF MAN! Be thou content with Me and seek no other helper. For none but Me can ever suffice thee.

also:

O people! Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.

Resort ye, in times of sickness, to competent physicians;

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I see that is for our spiritual nourishment there is no other helper.

Regards Tony

Reactions: Rani
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I was kind of wondering what "does seek no other helper" mean? The scriptures also says to "Consort with the followers all religions" and "Resort ye, in times of sickness, to competent physicians"

O SON OF EARTH! Wouldst thou have Me, seek none other than Me; and wouldst thou gaze upon My beauty, close thine eyes to the world and all that is therein; for My will and the will of another than Me, even as fire and water, cannot dwell together in one heart.

O SON OF MAN! Be thou content with Me and seek no other helper. For none but Me can ever suffice thee.
I think seek no other helper means that we should seek no other helper besides God.
That does not literally mean that we cannot seek help elsewhere... We should consult competent physicians for help with physical and psychological problems, but we should consider God our Helper above all else.

That is why the Short Obligatory Prayer says that God is the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.

Short Obligatory Prayer

TO BE RECITED ONCE IN TWENTY FOUR HOURS, AT NOON.

I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth.

There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.

Bahá’u’lláh