What is the significance of the number 9?

Sep 2018
Canada
I see everywhere in Baha'i the same way I see 7 with Vedantists. 9 this, 9 that, or sometimes 19 (Still 9 in it) and I wonder.

Does 9 have a spiritual significance? Why does it come up so often in Baha'i? I do not know for scriptures but many of the books friends have give me they all talk of 9, usually reference to religions from Abrahamism to Baha'i. But it seems 9 is so iconic to Baha'i and I wonder what the point is.

May 2018
New Zealand
The Wikipedia, answer is : it is the highest single-digit number , symbolizes completeness, perfection, the end of a cycle.
In addition, the word Bahá' in the Abjad notation has a value of 9, and a 9-pointed star is used to symbolizethe Baha'i religion.
Someone with more theological knowledge will have to confirm this ..

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
The Wikipedia, answer is : it is the highest single-digit number , symbolizes completeness, perfection, the end of a cycle.
In addition, the word Bahá' in the Abjad notation has a value of 9, and a 9-pointed star is used to symbolizethe Baha'i religion.
Someone with more theological knowledge will have to confirm this ..
Yeah, that's correct. Only thing I can think to add is that being the highest numeral it's also a symbol of "the highest". Thus the name of God "Bahá'" has an Abjad symbolizing "the Highest".

The single name "Bahá'' thus has a multitude of meanings to it.