What's it like reading Baha'i scripture in Arabic/English?

Nov 2015
United States
I often read about the beauty and complexities of the Bab and Baha'u'llah's writings in the original languages, but I cannot experience this. Are there people on here who can read Arabic and Persian who would be willing to describe what it is like reading in the original languages? Could you compare and contrast the experience with reading the English translations, or reading the Qur'an?

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I can understand and read Persian; also only a little Arabic. sometimes I think it is impossible to translate a spiritual line into another language because if you ask me I think there is a spirit in each language which is wasted in the process of translation. but in general the English translations of Bahai scripture are perfectly made and they have a very good feeling very similar to Persian and Arabic texts

May 2013
forest falls california
Recitation of the Quran

I often read about the beauty and complexities of the Bab and Baha'u'llah's writings in the original languages, but I cannot experience this. Are there people on here who can read Arabic and Persian who would be willing to describe what it is like reading in the original languages? Could you compare and contrast the experience with reading the English translations, or reading the Qur'an?
Neal,
. Have you ever listened to some of the recitations of the Quran? You can do this on You Tube. Some of the reciters will send chills down your spine because their hearts are so pure, while others will be more monotonous and just not ring the bell.

. To really get the gist of the Quran transcends the left brain intellect, I think, but I don't speak Arabic. Its like reading song lyrics as opposed to singing the song, and it depends upon the singer to really bring the beauty out.