Where was the Qiblih during the mininstry of Baha'u'llah ?

Nov 2015
France
Greetings.

I would like to know towards which direction the Baha'is used to pray to when Baha'u'llah was preaching his religion.

Did they pray towards the body of the Bab ? That of Baha'u'llah ? Towards Shiraz ? Did it change over time between the 1850's and the 1890's ?

Thank you.

Nov 2015
France
OK thanks. So how did it work ?

If Baha'u'llah was the Qiblih, did the people prosternate all around him ?
How did they proceed before the revelation of the mandatory daily prayers ?
What about the people who lived far away from Baha'ullah ? How could they follow his direction if he was to move away ?

Thank you.

Oct 2014
Stockholm

What about the people who lived far away from Baha'ullah ? How could they follow his direction if he was to move away ?

Thank you.
Very good questions. I asked myself the same - especially the last question - before posting my reply. There are limits to a gnat's knowledge.

Best

from

gnat

Sep 2010
Canada

Thank you.
Those Bahais who were aware where Bahaullah was, obviously knew the direction. As for those who were not aware, Bahaullah says, God is forgiving and just.

Nov 2015
France
@IT

Okay.

But actually, I am looking for a precise depiction of a prayer during Baha'u'llah's time.

Let's imagine that we're back in 1870. The devotees who are around Baha'u'llah are about to pray. What happens ?

It's strange, but I am picturing in my mind a scenery like this : some Baha'is vere close to Baha'u'llah pray all around him inside a room, and he is sitting in the middle, eyes closed, conveying their salat towards God.

How accurate is this representation that I have in my mind, please ?

I expect great precision.

Sep 2010
Canada
@IT

Okay.

But actually, I am looking for a precise depiction of a prayer during Baha'u'llah's time.

Let's imagine that we're back in 1870. The devotees who are around Baha'u'llah are about to pray. What happens ?

It's strange, but I am picturing in my mind a scenery like this : some Baha'is vere close to Baha'u'llah pray all around him inside a room, and he is sitting in the middle, eyes closed, conveying their salat towards God.

How accurate is this representation that I have in my mind, please ?

I expect great precision.

A few points.

The Laws of Bahaullah was not revealed right in the begining of His ministry. For example the most Holy Book was revealed in the last years of His ministry.

Note that, Bahai Obligatory Prayers are prescribed to be read from Morning till night. There was no person who were with Bahaullah all the time from Morning till night. So, i suppose they could find a time when they are not with Bahaullah.

Nov 2015
France
The Laws of Bahaullah was not revealed right in the begining of His ministry. For example the most Holy Book was revealed in the last years of His ministry.
Yes, I am aware of that point.

So, i suppose
Mmmmmm....

Aren't they historical documents that make mention of what was the daily life like when living around Baha'u'llah ?

I have the impression that Baha'u'llah could have developped very spiritual private relationships with his followers, and that private prayers at his sides would have existed in that time.

I want documents that could confirm this intuition, answer the questions I asked hereabove, and that depicts a typical spiritual day spent around Baha'u'llah.

Thank you, "Investigator" (I insist on the Investigate part my good Sir ! ;) )

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
Goa,

During the ministry of Baha'u'llah, he was the Qiblih as revealed in the Bayan. Until his Ascension, when he moved, the Qiblih moved. I do not have specific references depicting Baha'is specifically praying toward variable locations corresponding to the location of Baha'u'llah. However, in every place that Baha'u'llah was that spot became a place of pilgrimage that Baha'is streamed to as much as possible and at whatever cost or risk. It is not a proof, but a reasonable supposition, therefore, that this literal point of adoration (qiblih) was indeed also the direction to which they would turn in prayer.

Cheers