Where was the Qiblih during the mininstry of Baha'u'llah ?

Sep 2010
Canada
Mmmmmm..... That's a shame. But I wonder if the UHJ possess some documents, or if the family of Baha'u'llah has orally passed down some lore of that kind. My guess is that, with great efforts, it's still possible to answer this question.

There must be a second element explaining that situation, it is that ancient Arabia consisted in oral cultures very able to pass own informations orally, while Baha'u'llah appeared in a litterate culture, where all that is not written down is hardly remembered.

Some Aboriginal Tribes have kept memories of great geological catastrophies that happened in Australia more than 15.000 years ago. But I cannot remember the name of my own great grandparents, or even of many of my relatives. This is the world we live in.

That's interesting. Also, I remember having read somewhere that the Baha'i folk in Akka, during the old years of Baha'u'llah, were doing the Ramadan every year, as well as some Muslim rituals. That's an information that I'd like to have either confirmed or refuted.

Well, I'm afraid there is here a wall of silence that is too high for me to climb. But my guts keep telling me that Baha'u'llah prayed with his folk in a state of great communion.

Precisely. Baha'u'llah msut have had, and transmitted, some techniques regarding prayer/spirituality. The disponible scriptures display a certain number of theoretical teachings, but what about their "physical" reality (respiration, alimentation, etc.), or at least, some going back to Baha'u'llah (there are some bu Abdul Baha however).

Very interesting. Could it be the "Spirit of Truth" mentionned in the Gospel, out of which stems the Paracletic reality ?

Thanks.
i think you should read 'God passes By'. Read page 119 for example, then you can say your summary of that story.

Nov 2015
France
i think you should read 'God passes By'. Read page 119 for example, then you can say your summary of that story.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I shall read the official litterature, it has a lot to offer.

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
The life of Muhammad, who lived 1400+ years ago, is far more documented than that of Baha'u'llah, who passed away in 1892.

Are there somewhere sources or testimonies of people who prayed by the side of Baha'u'llah ?

Thank you.

PS : I suond a bit agressive, but I am a bit astonished of the complete lack of precision that I get as answers. I do appreciate your contribution people, I really do, but I need more than conjectures. I need informations based on sources.
Friend,

When you say Muhammad is more documented, it may be true, but if you are looking at historical records, Baha'u'llah is much better documented.

Although the documents regarding Muhammad are numerous indeed I think a closer look reveals that among them the historical record is largely lacking and there is no strong argument for accepting most of them other than as a matter of faith perhaps. Of the sources you have mentioned which did you mean specifically and on what basis do you accept them as authentic?

Cheers

Nov 2015
France
Of the sources you have mentioned which did you mean specifically and on what basis do you accept them as authentic?
On the basis that, by reading the hadith, you can feel all the weight of Muhammad's character. You can feel his smile, his sense of humour, his calm, in short, his aura. If some reading can make me know Baha'u'llah better - much better - in the framework of his everyday life, the way the hadith do about Muhammad, I want to read them.

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
On the basis that, by reading the hadith, you can feel all the weight of Muhammad's character. You can feel his smile, his sense of humour, his calm, in short, his aura. If some reading can make me know Baha'u'llah better - much better - in the framework of his everyday life, the way the hadith do about Muhammad, I want to read them.
On what basis do you accept these hadith as conveying the persona of Muhammad? They attribute a great deal to him, and while the aura, smile, etc., may appeal to you, how do you know it is authentic? Perhaps we do not actually know so much about Muhammad as we imagine.

Some read the hadith and point to the inhumanity, the barbarity, the intolerance, the cruelty (relative to their own contemporary sense of humanity and decency). How do we authenticate the pleasant aura and smile yet reject the parts which don't please us, when both accounts are found in the same sources?

FYI, I do not accept any hadith as being "authentic" or accurate about the Muhammad in any way at all, but I am curious how you might resolve these things for yourself.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Canada
I suggest you count the number of history books for early islam, and count the number of books for early Bahai years and compare. Count number of pages and make a comparison.

Also, Bahaullah ministry was 40 years, but it was after 19 years, public declaration begun.

So, for about 20 years, Bahaullah was known to be the Manifestation of God.
I think, most of the Writings of Bahaullah was revealed during last 20 years.
Bahaullah has wrote more than 17000 works.

20 years is 7200 days. It means on the averge more than 2 works per day was revealed. That tells me, a great part of Bahaullahs life after His declaration was spent on Writings.
His Writings by far, make Him known to us. Bahaullah was not like other people. Who spend their time on having fun. He had a mission. His mission was implemented through revealing Tablets. By these Tablets He created a new people.

Dec 2015
N Ireland
To me it all sounds a bit like a topic once debated in mediaeval times, "How many angels can dance on the point of a needle?" Impossible to answer and of no relevance