Why does God desire seperation and distinction?

Sep 2017
Earth
In Kitab I Iqan Bahá’u’lláh talks about how tests in the ways of veiled language in religious scripture is so the pure in heart are seperate do from the impure .. does anybody know why God desires this seperation and distinction?

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Baha'u'llah teaches that we must have spiritual distinction, through our love of God and human virtues. This does not mean separation from others in the world, rather, we are to be active within society, helping to improve the spiritual and material wellbeing of others, having fellowship with all religions. This should not be confused with advice given to avoid fellowship with the ungodly. Those who are not strong enough might be tempted by the bad example of certain people, so it is good advice to avoid such situations. That doesn't mean that we avoid people who are not religious or sometimes sinful in all circumstances. We can be friends, love the person, but not necessarily approve of all his actions.

Baha'u'llah has abolished the law of ritual uncleanness that existed in past religions. There is no group of people who should be avoided because of who they are, although in some circumstances we should avoid people because of what they are doing.

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
In Kitab I Iqan Bahá’u’lláh talks about how tests in the ways of veiled language in religious scripture is so the pure in heart are seperate do from the impure .. does anybody know why God desires this seperation and distinction?[/QUOTE
It is the manifestation of justice in the world. God wants us to attain the recognition of the Manifestation of God on our own merits.

Sep 2017
Earth
I don’t see how this is a manifestation of justice because for example my aunty who Is a devout Muslim does not understand the vieled language, according to God this is his touchstone where’s with he proves his servant. My aunt is a devout muslim who is very active, many of my Bahá’í friends were raised in Bahá’í families and are active bahais, if my aunty was raised in a Bahá’í family she most likely would be a Bahá’í like my friends just as she is a muslim, so I don’t see how this is an example for justice as it is not fair for all. My aunty is not a scholar, I am sure many bahais would not have recognised Bahá’u’lláh if they were raised muslim like my aunty. Early education has a massive effect.

Last edited:
Sep 2017
Earth
Baha'u'llah teaches that we must have spiritual distinction, through our love of God and human virtues. This does not mean separation from others in the world, rather, we are to be active within society, helping to improve the spiritual and material wellbeing of others, having fellowship with all religions. This should not be confused with advice given to avoid fellowship with the ungodly. Those who are not strong enough might be tempted by the bad example of certain people, so it is good advice to avoid such situations. That doesn't mean that we avoid people who are not religious or sometimes sinful in all circumstances. We can be friends, love the person, but not necessarily approve of all his actions.

Baha'u'llah has abolished the law of ritual uncleanness that existed in past religions. There is no group of people who should be avoided because of who they are, although in some circumstances we should avoid people because of what they are doing.
I understand but my question is why does God use veiled language to seperate pure hearted souls from impure? I understand he wants to do this and desires this as the quote implies but why does he do this?

Sep 2017
Earth
I understand but my question is why does God use veiled language to seperate pure hearted souls from impure? I understand he wants to do this and desires this as the quote implies but why does he do

this?

Actually I understand better what your saying, I guess we can never know why he desires to seperate the pure hearted followers of previous dispensations