Why does God make it obscure to recognise him?

Sep 2017
Earth
nothing worth while is ever achieved easily.

to see if you at least put effort to seek him.

some see god in every atom, to them god is not obscure and tough to recognize at all.
I don’t understand how someone who is able to understand that the seal of the prophets is a trick and a test in the Quran vs a loving mother who has no time to read scripture as is raised as a muslim is kind and loving but won’t accept another messenger as has been told Mohammad is the last prophet has failed a test and has failed and is accountable it does not make sense.

Sep 2018
usa
I don’t understand how someone who is able to understand that the seal of the prophets is a trick and a test in the Quran vs a loving mother who has no time to read scripture as is raised as a muslim is kind and loving but won’t accept another messenger as has been told Mohammad is the last prophet has failed a test and it does not make sense.
the one who says, "that loving mother has failed and is accountable." is the person who has truly failed.
there are infinite paths to god, you don't have to be part of a certain religious group to recognize god.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Why does God it make obscure and tough to recognise him then question us if we fail
I guess it is tough for some people but it cannot be that tough, because about 93% of people in the world believe in God. However, thus far only .1% believe in Baha’u’llah.

I do not know that God questions us if we fail, but if we go solely by what Baha’u’llah wrote, God holds us accountable, and we cannot say we did not believe just because nobody else did. What the consequences are of God rejecting our plea nobody really knows:

“Tear asunder, in My Name, the veils that have grievously blinded your vision, and, through the power born of your belief in the unity of God, scatter the idols of vain imitation. Enter, then, the holy paradise of the good-pleasure of the All-Merciful. Sanctify your souls from whatsoever is not of God, and taste ye the sweetness of rest within the pale of His vast and mighty Revelation, and beneath the shadow of His supreme and infallible authority. Suffer not yourselves to be wrapt in the dense veils of your selfish desires, inasmuch as I have perfected in every one of you My creation, so that the excellence of My handiwork may be fully revealed unto men. It follows, therefore, that every man hath been, and will continue to be, able of himself to appreciate the Beauty of God, the Glorified. Had he not been endowed with such a capacity, how could he be called to account for his failure? If, in the Day when all the peoples of the earth will be gathered together, any man should, whilst standing in the presence of God, be asked: “Wherefore hast thou disbelieved in My Beauty and turned away from My Self,” and if such a man should reply and say: “Inasmuch as all men have erred, and none hath been found willing to turn his face to the Truth, I, too, following their example, have grievously failed to recognize the Beauty of the Eternal,” such a plea will, assuredly, be rejected. For the faith of no man can be conditioned by any one except himself. “ Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 143

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
nothing worth while is ever achieved easily.

to see if you at least put effort to seek him.
Everything we attain depends upon our own efforts.

“The incomparable Creator hath created all men from one same substance, and hath exalted their reality above the rest of His creatures. Success or failure, gain or loss, must, therefore, depend upon man’s own exertions. The more he striveth, the greater will be his progress.”

However, we have each been given a measure that has been pre-ordained by God.

“Know thou that all men have been created in the nature made by God, the Guardian, the Self-Subsisting. Unto each one hath been prescribed a pre-ordained measure, as decreed in God’s mighty and guarded Tablets. All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition. Your own acts testify to this truth…”
I made hardly any effort to become a Baha'i. I became a Baha'i two weeks after I discovered it because it was just obviously the truth. But I did not make any effort for decades after that so I reaped no rewards. Now that I am making an effort I am reaping some rewards but it is anything but easy. The least of it is having to follow the Laws. ;)

What I am trying to say is that it was easy for me to become a Baha'i, but it is not easy being a Baha'i. :eek:

May 2018
New Zealand
" guess it is tough for some people but it cannot be that tough, because about 93% of people in the world believe in God"

My quick search suggest 83%, which seems really high to me, but maybe that is because I live in a society of Atheists ..😔

I think there are many paths to God, but the best path for us is Baha'u' llah . The paths of the older religions have few potholes these days ...

Sep 2017
Earth
Wherefore hast thou disbelieved in My Beauty and turned away from My Self,”

Is that Bahá’u’lláh or God general, or any prophet

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
" guess it is tough for some people but it cannot be that tough, because about 93% of people in the world believe in God"

My quick search suggest 83%, which seems really high to me, but maybe that is because I live in a society of Atheists ..😔

I think there are many paths to God, but the best path for us is Baha'u' llah . The paths of the older religions have few potholes these days ...
The way I got the 93% is from doing the math: 100 - 7 = 93:

According to sociologists ArielaKeysar and Juhem Navarro-Rivera's review of numerous global studies on atheism, there are 450 to 500 million positive atheists and agnostics worldwide (7% of the world's population), with China having the most atheists in the world (200 million convinced atheists). Demographics of atheism - Wikipedia

That does not mean that all of the 93% believe in God. Some of them might be undecided, but then there is this: 84 percent of the world population has a faith. And since studies have shown that about 9% of people believe in God but have no religion, that 93% figure seems to be pretty accurate. All of these people might not have absolute certainty that God exists, there are degrees of belief in God.... Some people know, others just believe.

I do not know if it is just the best path... It might be the only path. See what I posted to Yousefy2 below. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think it makes a sham out of the Revelation of Baha’u’llah if people can just continue to follow their older religions and have no repercussions for doing so. We are all accountable for recognizing the Manifestation of God for the present day.

I certainly do not know what the repercussions will be in the afterlife for those who rejected Baha’u’llah. I think people who never knew about Him will just be deprived but won’t be held accountable by God. God is keeping that under His hat what will happen to people after they die. All we have been told is what will happen toconfident believers.....

“Death proffereth unto every confident believer the cup that is life indeed. It bestoweth joy, and is the bearer of gladness. It conferreth the gift of everlasting life.

As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.”

.... but we do not even know if that refers to all believers or just Baha’is. :oops: It could simply be that other believers will simply fail to get the rewards that Baha’is will get, not that they will be punished:

“Drink with healthy relish, O people of Bahá. Ye are indeed they with whom it shall be well. This is what they who have near access to God have attained. This is the flowing water ye were promised in the Qur’án, and later in the Bayán, as a recompense from your Lord, the God of Mercy. Blessed are they that quaff it.”

“Blessed art thou, O My name, inasmuch as thou hast entered Mine Ark, and art speeding, through the power of My sovereign and most exalted might, on the ocean of grandeur, and art numbered with My favored ones whose names the Finger of God hath inscribed. Thou hast quaffed the cup which is life indeed from the hands of this Youth, around Whom revolve the Manifestations of the All-Glorious, and the brightness of Whose presence they Who are the Day Springs of Mercy extol in the day time and in the night season.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a Baha’i, I am not much good for anything but writing posts and posting quotes.:rolleyes: