Why does God make it obscure to recognise him?

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Wherefore hast thou disbelieved in My Beauty and turned away from My Self,”

Is that Bahá’u’lláh or God general, or any prophet
I think it is Baha’u’llah because My Beauty and My Self was manifested in Baha’u’llah. Turning away from Baha’u’llah is akin to turning away from all the Messengers of the past:

“O people, if ye deny these verses, by what proof have ye believed in God? Produce it, O assemblage of false ones.

Nay, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, they are not, and never shall be able to do this, even should they combine to assist one another...............

Thus have their superstitions become veils between them and their own hearts and kept them from the path of God, the Exalted, the Great.

Be thou assured in thyself that verily, he who turns away from this Beauty hath also turned away from the Messengers of the past and showeth pride towards God from all eternity to all eternity.”

The Writings of Baha’u’llah are not referring to former Prophets. If it did not “matter” if we recognized Baha’u’llah, we would not have this:

The first duty prescribed by Godfor His servants is therecognition of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed.”

During the Dispensation of Jesus, the Only Way to the Father was Jesus.

John 14:6“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Now, during the Dispensation of Baha’u’llah, the Only Way to the Father is Baha’u’llah.

“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.”

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.”

Either that, or Baha’u’llah lied. :eek:

Why does God it make obscure and tough to recognise him then question us if we fail
Salaam,

I'm Muslim too. I think (contrary to how a large majority of our religion functions) we have to put experience before mere belief. On some level, religion can be seen as a praxis on which making sense of experience of God and the experience thereof - falls into place with philosophy, morals, ethics, culture, tradition, politics and so on.

In my opinion, one has to seek God. You're not looking for a person, but rather a transcendent egoless state in which you perceive a tiny glimmer of light (metaphorically) which reflects the incomprehensible magnitude that is God/Allah.

Both in and outside of Islam, we can find practices that aim at moving the human mind into states where this little fragment of realization is possible. Salah can be seen as the first major step towards to (as it forms a significant part of our daily lives).

Sufi's have experimented with various traditions of practice, so have our cousins in Hinduism with certain types of intensive Yoga. My point is that it is an active thing, not a passive thing. I wish you the best in your search for a deeper understanding :)

Sep 2017
Earth
Everything we attain depends upon our own efforts.

“The incomparable Creator hath created all men from one same substance, and hath exalted their reality above the rest of His creatures. Success or failure, gain or loss, must, therefore, depend upon man’s own exertions. The more he striveth, the greater will be his progress.”

However, we have each been given a measure that has been pre-ordained by God.

“Know thou that all men have been created in the nature made by God, the Guardian, the Self-Subsisting. Unto each one hath been prescribed a pre-ordained measure, as decreed in God’s mighty and guarded Tablets. All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition. Your own acts testify to this truth…”
I made hardly any effort to become a Baha'i. I became a Baha'i two weeks after I discovered it because it was just obviously the truth. But I did not make any effort for decades after that so I reaped no rewards. Now that I am making an effort I am reaping some rewards but it is anything but easy. The least of it is having to follow the Laws. ;)

What I am trying to say is that it was easy for me to become a Baha'i, but it is not easy being a Baha'i. :eek:
If everything we attain is based on our own efforts, how do you explain this ...

It is from the bounty of God that man is selected for the highest degree; and the differences which exist between men in regard to spiritual progress and heavenly perfections are also due to the choice of the Compassionate One. For faith, which is life eternal, is the sign of bounty, and not the result of justice. - some answered questions

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
If everything we attain is based on our own efforts, how do you explain this ...

It is from the bounty of God that man is selected for the highest degree; and the differences which exist between men in regard to spiritual progress and heavenly perfections are also due to the choice of the Compassionate One. For faith, which is life eternal, is the sign of bounty, and not the result of justice. - some answered questions
So Abdu’l-Baha is saying we do not deserve to be chosen, that it is not justice, it is by the bounty of God. So that would make sense that I was chosen to be a Baha’i even though I did nothing to deserve it, I did not make much of an effort.

But after we become believers we have a responsibility to be worthy of having been chosen because Abdu’l-Baha then says this...

“The differences among mankind are of two sorts: one is a difference of station, and this difference is not blameworthy. The other is a difference of faith and assurance; the loss of these is blameworthy, for then the soul is overwhelmed by his desires and passions, which deprive him of these blessings and prevent him from feeling the power of attraction of the love of God. Though that man is praiseworthy and acceptable in his station, yet as he is deprived of the perfections of that degree, he will become a source of imperfections, for which he is held responsible. 3Some Answered Questions, pp. 130-131

I know he is right because for many years my desires and passions prevented me from feeling the power of attraction of the love of God. I still have a problem feeling the love God but it is not because of my desires and passions, it is because.... well, I am not really sure why.