Women on the UHJ

Aug 2019
Berlin
As I said, in this particular instance, you are having a problem with Abdul Baha's perspective because he is taking the esoteric approach while you are going with exoteric and literal meaning. I agree with Abdul Baha in this case. The problem is in your own mind because you have created a certain understanding of the Bahai teachings in your mind and the truth that Abdul Baha expressed is not fitting in to your understanding.
I know it doesn't suit your missionary streak, but you should remember that no Baha'i has the right to present its own interpretation of the Baha'i faith as the right one and to show itself to other Baha'i as an authority. The interpretation of Trailblazer is not inferior to yours. It is equal to your interpretation - neither is your interpretation superior, nor are you an authority in the Baha'i faith. Please stop teaching other people. Thank you.

Feb 2019
Chicago
I know it doesn't suit your missionary streak, but you should remember that no Baha'i has the right to present its own interpretation of the Baha'i faith as the right one and to show itself to other Baha'i as an authority. The interpretation of Trailblazer is not inferior to yours. It is equal to your interpretation - neither is your interpretation superior, nor are you an authority in the Baha'i faith. Please stop teaching other people. Thank you.
Bats prefer darkness to light. Each to their own. There are all kinds of strange people in this world. But I am glad I have access to the wisdom of Jesus to deal with them.

And this is the verdict: The light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil - John 3:19

Feb 2019
Chicago
I know it doesn't suit your missionary streak, but you should remember that no Baha'i has the right to present its own interpretation of the Baha'i faith as the right one and to show itself to other Baha'i as an authority.
I am not a card carrying Bahai and I don't have to adhere to your understanding of how I should express my understanding of Bahaullah's teachings. His teachings are for the most part universal in nature and meant for all mankind. And God has given the right to every person to speak their mind freely. You have no right to take it away.

Aug 2019
Berlin
A clear distinction is made in our Faith between authoritative interpretation and the interpretation or understanding that each individual arrives at for himself from his study of its teachings. [...] Individual interpretations continually change as one grows in comprehension of the teachings. [...] The friends must therefore learn to listen to the views of others without being overawed or allowing their faith to be shaken, and to express their own views without pressing them on their fellow Bahá’ís.“

THE UNIVERSAL HOUSE OF JUSTICE 27 May 1966

Feb 2019
Chicago
A clear distinction is made in our Faith between authoritative interpretation and the interpretation or understanding that each individual arrives at for himself from his study of its teachings. [...] Individual interpretations continually change as one grows in comprehension of the teachings. [...] The friends must therefore learn to listen to the views of others without being overawed or allowing their faith to be shaken, and to express their own views without pressing them on their fellow Bahá’ís.“

THE UNIVERSAL HOUSE OF JUSTICE 27 May 1966
I am not pressing my views on any one. Everyone here is free to reject my views and I am perfectly fine with it. And no one has monopoly over the truth including the UHJ. Shoghi Effendi said that Bahaullah was the Kalki avatar as mentioned in the Gita but the Gita has no reference to the Kalki avatar. Additionally, Bahaullah himself never made the claim that he was the Kalki avatar. So don't tell me the UHJ has any monopoly or a final say over truth.

UHJ says "Individual interpretations continually change as one grows in comprehension of the teachings"

So the people that are part of UHJ are not individuals? If they are, then is it not true that their interpretations continually change as they grow in comprehension of the teachings? So how am I supposed to trust their interpretation?

Aug 2019
Berlin
As an experienced meditation expert, as you have presented yourself here several times, it will be easy for you to go an hour into self-reflection. Have a good day.

Feb 2019
Chicago
As an experienced meditation expert, as you have presented yourself here several times, it will be easy for you to go an hour into self-reflection. Have a good day.
I never said I was an expert at meditation but you have demonstrated many times that you need a good English dictionary.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
I tend to be a literalist so in my mind a Christian is not a Baha'i because he/she has rejected Baha'u'llah.
Imho... rejected Baha'u'llah (or Jesus) is: Not accepting or not acting to their teachings.

The core teachings of Baha'u'llah and the core teaching of Jesus are the same.

Unity. Peace. Equality. Real Justice. Love the people. Help the people. Unite with God. (i stop here)

Acting acording to this... and doing this... at inner level there is no different between a Christ and a Bah'ai. You can exchange names.

But of course... at the outer level... the Christ belongs to his Church (or Konfession, or Group etc...). And the Religion called: Christianity.

And the Bah'ai belongs the "Bahai Organisation". Name of the Religion: Bahá'í Faith

They honor specially, of course, Bahāʾullāh and Abdul-Baha and so on.

The Christians, Jesus, Paul, Maria and so on....

Please not forget: Bahāʾullāh and Jesus were both Manifestaions of God. They are brothers. They are One in God. They never ever reject each other.

Many Christians got the doctrine injected (from Birth) that Jesus was the only Son of God.
So they have Problems to realize that Bahāʾullāh was also.

Do not look at this. Look how they act. Compare their praxis. Yes, also their speech.

If the Christian is not a "Hardliner"... and you also not... not closed mind... not toooo much attached to "the outer" but more to "the inner"...
then both will find a way to fully acknowledge each Masters as a Son or Manifestaion of God.

Even when using different words for this acknowledgement.

Please Remember: For some christians its not always so easy...
but thats only of the around 1750 years false doctrine (each from birth) that Jesus were the only Son of God.

See how Jesus really was about his "uniqe" title:

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God" (Mt 5)

Bahāʾullāh was a very very very very Brave and Great Peacemaker. He sacrifices his life for making Peace.

Therefore, Bahāʾullāh shall be called Son of God acording to Jesus himself.

Reactions: Trailblazer
Aug 2012
u.s.
Thanks, but he and I have moved onto greener pastures. He is a stubborn one but he finally dropped that subject of women on the UHJ, so I do not want to bring it up again. We are now discussing the Bible, he loves to talk about the Bible, strangest atheist I have ever known, but a really nice man. He lives in Denmark.

He will read anything I post about the Baha'i Faith, all the links to books and articles, a very curious person, a seeker.
Anything specific about the Bible?

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
I have two thoughts about that. Recently I read in a relatively recent book on the development of religions that religions have changed through the development of society. Societies all over the world do not develop identically, they go through different phases of development. If I imagine that society cannot react appropriately, but has to adhere to a concrete legal requirement for 1000 years, this does not correspond to my understanding of progression.

Prophets are, at least in our western tradition, a relatively young phenomenon compared to the duration of human existence. The development of early religion, from burial rites and territorial demarcations, knew no prophetic phenomena. This is a young phenomenon in our Western tradition. There does not seem to be a recurring cycle.
Maybe so. ThIs is a really fascinating thing to me, trying to imagine human spiritual life 50,000 or 100,000 years ago. Since the beginning of a new religion and social change seem to happen simultaneously it is hard to prove which is cause and effect. To say that society changes religion to me seems like a materialistic perspective, whereas to say that the spiritual impulse of a new revelation causes spiritual forces to be released which changes society eventually is more a theistic perspective, where God has an active hand in the development of human society.

As to the phenomenon of prophethood, certainly within the few thousand years of recorded history we have something of a pattern with prophetic figures founding world religions. Prior to that, there is no historical record, so we don’t know. I think it is quite possible that God has worked through prophets even before that, although there are no scriptures because writing wasn’t invented yet. I note that there are a few prophetic figures that are known to have lived among the Native Americans within the past 500 years or so. They had a very profound impact within the region and for many generations, but they might have been completely forgotten eventually had the European colonists not come and brought writing and so there histories are now recorded. I can imagine that this may have played out many many times over the 200,000 years which science tells us humanity in its modern form has existed. And before that with archaic human ancestors like the Neanderthal, no one knows.

Reactions: daniel