Women on the UHJ

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Spiritual realization unites people. Religion divides people. You will never be able to unite all the people of the world by identifying yourself as Bahai and hoping that everyone will convert to Bahai faith because people of other religions will identify themselves with their religions and may want you to convert to their faith and that is especially true of today's Islam and Christianity. Even if every person on this planet were to convert to the Bahai religion, it still won't guarantee peace and brotherhood without spiritual realization as evident from the differences and disputes between Abdul Baha and Mirza Mohammed Ali which they could never overcome because Mirza Mohammed Ali apparently lacked the spiritual realization to practice true brotherhood even with his own brother.
This is, imho, a very true statement.

Personaly i would just formulate the first two sentence a little bit differently (only to make sure, that the term "Religion" stays in a neutral light )

"Religion without spiritual realization divides people. Religion with spiritual realization unites people."

Because of the two levels... you mentioned.

The outer level (physical, exo) and the inner level (spiritual, eso).

At the inner level a true Bahai is a true Christ is a true Hindu... and so on.

They are true if they really turned their heart to the one Sun (and not just only to the clothes of each ones Lamps)
The same Sun... from which - for example - Jesus and Baha'u'llah and Krishna was receiving their Light and Revelation.

Then there is no real division anymore. They also not must change the outer Religion.

They are connected at inner level to the living same source. To the spirit of Truth.

And the same source of truth... never every creates fighting and division.

And never did.

So that is, imho, the key to Unity.

It is not a matter of being a member of "the only true one" Religion... or Church. No. It's not. And never was.

It is also not really a matter of the outer rules (if they are all peacefull)

In the end... it is a matter to be in inner-touch... with the heart and mind and consciousness ... to the same source, called God.

Where all truth were ever came from.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Chicago
This is, imho, a very true statement.

Personaly i would just formulate the first two sentence a little bit differently (only to make sure, that the term "Religion" stays in a neutral light )

"Religion without spiritual realization divides people. Religion with spiritual realization unites people."
I understand what you are saying and I am fine with your choice of words. End of the day, it all boils down to what religion means. For some people it is about inner spiritual growth. For some it is about converting others to their religion. For some it is about uniting the entire mankind through brotherhood. Different people have different understanding of what religion means. But why do we even need a religion. Hindus never had a religion but Hindus seem to be doing fine in their relationship with God. Hinduism actually produced more religions than any other religion. However, the Hindu society is certainly not united. So if religion does not divide us, we come up with something else like caste or race or gender or sexuality or politics or nationality or economics to divide ourselves. I think we need to address the human tendency to pit ourselves against others. I have seen newly married couples getting divorced within a year of marriage. How does that happen if the couple have known each other for a few years before marriage? What is fundamental to all divisions?

Feb 2019
Chicago
I was also just reading this... the first time:

Bahá'í Reference Library - Paris Talks, Pages 173-176

After finished reading it... my first thought was: He was really a master. Only a master can speak such words at "real time".
I agree. I think Abdul Baha was spiritually very advanced soul. There is a saintly vibration to his words. Look at the opening sentence :

"About one thousand years ago a society was formed in Persia called the Society of the Friends, who gathered together for silent communion with the Almighty."

and this one

"Through the meditative faculty inventions are made possible, colossal undertakings are carried out; through it governments can run smoothly. Through this faculty man enters into the very Kingdom of God".

Abdul Baha is saying that through silent communion with God (meditation), man can enter into the very Kingdom of God. But there are some Bahai who seem to believe the Kingdom of God is a physical one meant to exist on our planet. Life on this planet was never perfect and is never going to be. No prophet or religion ever succeeded in creating perfection on this planet but religions have succeeded in making Christs (symbolizing inner perfection) out of people.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Spiritual realization unites people. Religion divides people. You will never be able to unite all the people of the world by identifying yourself as Bahai and hoping that everyone will convert to Bahai faith because people of other religions will identify themselves with their religions and may want you to convert to their faith and that is especially true of today's Islam and Christianity. Even if every person on this planet were to convert to the Bahai religion, it still won't guarantee peace and brotherhood without spiritual realization as evident from the differences and disputes between Abdul Baha and Mirza Mohammed Ali which they could never overcome because Mirza Mohammed Ali apparently lacked the spiritual realization to practice true brotherhood even with his own brother.
Spiritual realization is not going to unite very many people since very few people attain it. Meanwhile the world is on a downward spiral.

No, I am, not going to unite all the people of the world by identifying myself as Baha'i and hoping that everyone will convert to the Baha'i Faith because people of other religions will not relinquish their religions and join the Baha'i Faith. The reason unity is impossible is because people cling to their older religions and they all believe their religion is superior to the other religions.

Just because religion has divided people does not mean that the purpose of religion is to divide people. The purpose of religion is to bind people together.

“The Great Being saith: O ye children of men! The fundamental purpose animating the Faith of God and His Religion is to safeguard the interests and promote the unity of the human race, and to foster the spirit of love and fellowship amongst men. Suffer it not to become a source of dissension and discord, of hate and enmity. This is the straight Path, the fixed and immovable foundation. Whatsoever is raised on this foundation, the changes and chances of the world can never impair its strength, nor will the revolution of countless centuries undermine its structure.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 215

The reason the Baha'i Faith is not growing as fast as it otherwise might has more to do with our own inner life and private character than spiritual realization; although the two are related they are not the same. A person can have a good character without attaining spiritual realization.

“Not by the force of numbers, not by the mere exposition of a set of new and noble principles, not by an organized campaign of teaching—no matter how worldwide and elaborate in its character—not even by the staunchness of our faith or the exaltation of our enthusiasm, can we ultimately hope to vindicate in the eyes of a critical and sceptical age the supreme claim of the Abhá Revelation. One thing and only one thing will unfailingly and alone secure the undoubted triumph of this sacred Cause, namely, the extent to which our own inner life and private character mirror forth in their manifold aspects the splendor of those eternal principles proclaimed by Bahá’u’lláh.” Bahá’í Administration, p. 66

What Shoghi Effendi said is confirmed by Baha'u'llah.

“In one of the Tablets these words have been revealed: O people of God! Do not busy yourselves in your own concerns; let your thoughts be fixed upon that which will rehabilitate the fortunes of mankind and sanctify the hearts and souls of men. This can best be achieved through pure and holy deeds, through a virtuous life and a goodly behavior. Valiant acts will ensure the triumph of this Cause, and a saintly character will reinforce its power. Cleave unto righteousness, O people of Bahá! This, verily, is the commandment which this wronged One hath given unto you, and the first choice of His unrestrained Will for every one of you.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 93-94

“Be pure, O people of God, be pure; be righteous, be righteous…. Say: O people of God! That which can ensure the victory of Him Who is the Eternal Truth, His hosts and helpers on earth, have been set down in the sacred Books and Scriptures, and are as clear and manifest as the sun. These hosts are such righteous deeds, such conduct and character, as are acceptable in His sight. Whoso ariseth, in this Day, to aid Our Cause, and summoneth to his assistance the hosts of a praiseworthy character and upright conduct, the influence flowing from such an action will, most certainly, be diffused throughout the whole world.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 287

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
End of the day, it all boils down to what religion means. For some people it is about inner spiritual growth. For some it is about converting others to their religion. For some it is about uniting the entire mankind through brotherhood. Different people have different understanding of what religion means. But why do we even need a religion.
The reason we need a religion was explained by Baha'u'llah, but unfortunately most people turn away from the fresh measure of the light of God.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81
What is fundamental to all divisions?
Ego and the insistence that I am right and others are wrong. I know more than you do. My way is better than your way.
Humility and the ability to admit we are wrong prevents divisions.
There is always more than one way to look at anything.

Feb 2019
Chicago
The reason the Baha'i Faith is not growing as fast as it otherwise might has more to do with our own inner life and private character than spiritual realization; although the two are related they are not the same. A person can have a good character without attaining spiritual realization.

“Not by the force of numbers, not by the mere exposition of a set of new and noble principles, not by an organized campaign of teaching—no matter how worldwide and elaborate in its character—not even by the staunchness of our faith or the exaltation of our enthusiasm, can we ultimately hope to vindicate in the eyes of a critical and sceptical age the supreme claim of the Abhá Revelation. One thing and only one thing will unfailingly and alone secure the undoubted triumph of this sacred Cause, namely, the extent to which our own inner life and private character mirror forth in their manifold aspects the splendor of those eternal principles proclaimed by Bahá’u’lláh.” Bahá’í Administration, p. 66
"inner life and private character mirror forth in their manifold aspects the splendor of those eternal principles proclaimed by Bahá’u’lláh"

That is spiritual realization for me. If it means something else for you, fine with me. You have a right for form your own understanding.

Reactions: Trailblazer
Feb 2019
Chicago
The reason we need a religion was explained by Baha'u'llah, but unfortunately most people turn away from the fresh measure of the light of God.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81
I have not yet seen a clear declaration from Bahaullah that he has founded a new religion. No prophet of God ever made that claim. He is referring to his teachings as a fresh measure of light of God. How wonderful is the analogy. Is today's sunlight different from the sunlight of 1000 years ago?

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I have not yet seen a clear declaration from Bahaullah that he has founded a new religion. No prophet of God ever made that claim. He is referring to his teachings as a fresh measure of light of God. How wonderful is the analogy. Is today's sunlight different from the sunlight of 1000 years ago?
Baha’u’llah wrote: “As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Baha’u’llah has renewed the changeless Faith of God. Baha’u’llah did not call it a religion, He called it a Cause. It is definitely new because as He said, mortal eyes have never witnessed it before.

“The world’s equilibrium hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this most great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System—the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.

Immerse yourselves in the ocean of My words, that ye may unravel its secrets, and discover all the pearls of wisdom that lie hid in its depths. Take heed that ye do not vacillate in your determination to embrace the truth of this Cause—a Cause through which the potentialities of the might of God have been revealed, and His sovereignty established. With faces beaming with joy, hasten ye unto Him. This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 136

Religions all proceed from one Source but they do differ from one another:

“The Purpose of the one true God, exalted be His glory, in revealing Himself unto men is to lay bare those gems that lie hidden within the mine of their true and inmost selves. That the divers communions of the earth, and the manifold systems of religious belief, should never be allowed to foster the feelings of animosity among men, is, in this Day, of the essence of the Faith of God and His Religion. These principles and laws, these firmly-established and mighty systems, have proceeded from one Source, and are the rays of one Light. That they differ one from another is to be attributed to the varying requirements of the ages in which they were promulgated.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 287-288

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
In case of Christianity... i also not.

if i read the Bible... it was a [new] spiritual movement.

The Bible itself not even mention that the follower of Jesus's movement called themself Christians.

There are some records that they called themself: "Follower of the [new] way".

Where, of course, an inner spiritual way was meant...
In short: Raising the consciousness to the level of the consciousness of Jesus. That was... and still is... the goal of "the way".

However... i never ever could find the declarations in the Bibel of building a centralized "roman catholic church"
with all her rules and "1000 doctrines". Pope... Cardinals... Rom... Vatican.... and so on..

What I found was ... many very deep spiritual meant sentences ... that were worldly interpreted in the way of "the one church" ...
but at the expense of the inner spiritual meanings... so they got lost. Exchanged.

Normally... i would have no problem with an organisation like - for example - "the Church".
As long... as the deep spiritual meanings not got lost... or even denied... in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trailblazer