Women on the UHJ

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Thank you @Trailblazer for Your like :fold:

Yet, i even not believe in the "defacto-doctrin" ... that the Bible is (supposedly)... the very last... the very infallible... the very completed... Word of God.

(please note that I'm not saying that the Bible is false, invalid or has no truth in it or anything like this... No. God forbid. This... sure i not say. )

Even that doctrin... the Bible does not contain.

And, of course not, because the Bible is one Book of around 66 Books, autored in different times over a very long time... so no single book in the Bible ever were "knowing" the whole Bible itself

But what i was found was... the ending sentence... in the Gospel of John:
"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written,

I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"

(John, End)
oki... maybe... Saint John exaggerated here little bit :halo: ... but i think the message is clear.

In reality, of course, the Sun is shining 24h/day... and that for all eternity... every where in the whole universe and even behind it.

(we see.. only when trying with words to describe the omnipresent of God... we have to use limited words... "24h/d" can not be taken to literally)

Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Bahāʾullāh ... for example... were the very great public Sons of God in History.

But because the Sun is shining 24h/day ... nobody can say how many public unkown Sons of God where ever on earth.

And it means also... that every single child of god....means: every human being... has the potential to tune into the sun.

Because God is omnipresent. God never was away. God never is away.

Its only a matter of our consciousness.

And that was the deepest message of Jesus: "I and my Father are one"

It never should be meant that only the consciousness of Jesus were one with God.

No. But to reach Oneness in consciousness with God. It is possible because God were and is in reality... never away from us.

That was "the way"... of Jesus Christ. And that was the deepest spiritual core teaching of Jesus.

"Christ"... is a spiritual title for this level of consciousness which Jesus reached.

Able, to get deep in touch with God. The omnipresent spirit of Truth.

That was the core teaching. Of course: Not every one is ready for it. But this is no problem and just normal.

The real problem was and is.... when this core teaching of Christ ... "disappeared" from the "offical scene"... in Christianity.

So.. we see: The root of Christianity was (and in reality still is) ... a very spiritual teaching in his foundation.

And it is - imho - in no way in contradiction
with the spiritual or even mystical core teaching of Krishna, Buddha, and of course also not with Bahāʾullāh.

Even not with Islam.

Because the mystical branch of islam, the Sufism... teach a very similar teaching.

All together i would say: The spiritual (sometimes mystical) core teaching of all the world religions pointing to the same.

And thus, also all the war-fighting... ever... were completely senseless. Completely away from the core.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trailblazer and Jcc

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Baha’u’llah explains it clearly. The Manifestation of God (Christ) can be seen from two perspectives, one is as a perfect human, the other perspective is to see Him as God. Both are true and correct, and this is true of all the Manifestations, not just Jesus. The other duality is that each Manifestation can be seen as different from one another, and they can also be seen as the same one returning. Jesus is the “only way” and Baha’u’llah is the return of the “only way”. Jesus said He would return and here He is. The Old Testament prophecy said Elijah had to return, and Jesus said he did, as John the Baptist. But John said he was not Elijah, so he both was and wasn’t. Jesus is both man and God, but as Baha’u’llah explains, He is God from our perspective, because we have no ability to see or comprehend the Essence of God. Muhammad emphasized this other perspective, that the Essence of God is far beyond our imagination and that the Prophets (Manifestations), including Jesus, are not that Divine Essence, they are just Messengers. Both perspectives are true.

Reactions: Trailblazer and ams
Feb 2019
Chicago
Baha’u’llah wrote: “As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Baha’u’llah has renewed the changeless Faith of God. Baha’u’llah did not call it a religion, He called it a Cause. It is definitely new because as He said, mortal eyes have never witnessed it before.

“The world’s equilibrium hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this most great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System—the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.

Immerse yourselves in the ocean of My words, that ye may unravel its secrets, and discover all the pearls of wisdom that lie hid in its depths. Take heed that ye do not vacillate in your determination to embrace the truth of this Cause—a Cause through which the potentialities of the might of God have been revealed, and His sovereignty established. With faces beaming with joy, hasten ye unto Him. This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 136

Religions all proceed from one Source but they do differ from one another:

“The Purpose of the one true God, exalted be His glory, in revealing Himself unto men is to lay bare those gems that lie hidden within the mine of their true and inmost selves. That the divers communions of the earth, and the manifold systems of religious belief, should never be allowed to foster the feelings of animosity among men, is, in this Day, of the essence of the Faith of God and His Religion. These principles and laws, these firmly-established and mighty systems, have proceeded from one Source, and are the rays of one Light. That they differ one from another is to be attributed to the varying requirements of the ages in which they were promulgated.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 287-288
Bahaullah says This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future.

Faith that is changeless cannot be new. But it's outward expression can vary from age to age. For example, Jesus did not teach that we should turn to a certain direction to pray but Mohammed did. Mohammed laid down cleaning rituals for prayers. Jesus never got down to that level. His teachings were more at the level of spirituality. Jesus did not address mundane issues like food but Mohammed did. But that does not mean the teachings of Mohammed do not have spiritual truths. The Quran is a mixed bag in that it has spiritual truths and many social laws reflecting tribal cultural practices of Mohammed's time. Many of those practices like sex slavery of women that are codified in to Islamic law in the Quran are rejected by sensible Muslims of this day even though Mohammed himself fathered at least one child through one of his slaves that was gifted to him by the Egyptian king. That practice would be unacceptable in this day except for a member of ISIS. But if Muslims want to focus on these differences between Christianity and Islam and proclaim supremacy, it would be their ignorance of true spirituality.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Bahaullah says This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future.

Faith that is changeless cannot be new.
That is true, the spiritual teachings are never new because they are the same in every age.
But it's outward expression can vary from age to age.
That is also true, and its outward expression has to vary from age to age in order to be useful to us in a changing world.

Reactions: ams

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
That is true, the spiritual teachings are never new because they are the same in every age.

That is also true, and its outward expression has to vary from age to age in order to be useful to us in a changing world.
i fully agree also.
(while this Religion may has its focus more to "this"... and the other more to "that"... but was never be to meant as a contradiction for each)

For that Gnosis was one of the core teaching via Bahāʾullāh and ʿAbdul-Baha ... for specially Islam... but also Christianity.

Not that i think the revelations via Mohammed and Jesus were missing that... back in time. No.

But obviously it got lost during the generations... because if not, there would never had been wars between.
Even not between Islam and Islam ... or Christianity between Christianity (i.e. warfights between protestants and catholics)

Reactions: Trailblazer
Feb 2019
Chicago
Ego and the insistence that I am right and others are wrong. I know more than you do. My way is better than your way.
Humility and the ability to admit we are wrong prevents divisions.
There is always more than one way to look at anything.
I agree ego is the problem. Ego is not a physical thing that can be destroyed easily. Overcoming ego requires inner spiritual transformation through individual spiritual effort. It cannot be induced from outside through any number of teachings or religious organizations. That's exactly where meditation is effective. The science of Yoga and meditation teach that when the soul creates a body for itself, it identifies with the body and that is when ego is formed. And it does not end there. The soul will then identify itself with the family, race, religion, nationality etc and this egotistic identification is the root cause of divisions. None of these identifications including with the body are real because they are temporary roles on the stage of life. Death makes all these identifications totally irrelevant and meaningless. As Abdul Baha said "This faculty of meditation frees man from the animal nature, discerns the reality of things, puts man in touch with God "

When man can overcome animal nature through meditation, he gives up his egotistic identification with race, religion, nationality etc because he is in touch with God and as a result he realizes his true nature is that of a soul made in the image of God which has no gender, race, religion, nationality etc. That's when he will also realize that other people are also souls made in the image of God and hence are his brothers. Such personal realization will promote true peace and brotherhood. Not holy doctrines or lofty sounding principles.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I agree ego is the problem. Ego is not a physical thing that can be destroyed easily. Overcoming ego requires inner spiritual transformation through individual spiritual effort. It cannot be induced from outside through any number of teachings or religious organizations. That's exactly where meditation is effective. The science of Yoga and meditation teach that when the soul creates a body for itself, it identifies with the body and that is when ego is formed. And it does not end there. The soul will then identify itself with the family, race, religion, nationality etc and this egotistic identification is the root cause of divisions. None of these identifications including with the body are real because they are temporary roles on the stage of life. Death makes all these identifications totally irrelevant and meaningless. As Abdul Baha said "This faculty of meditation frees man from the animal nature, discerns the reality of things, puts man in touch with God "

When man can overcome animal nature through meditation, he gives up his egotistic identification with race, religion, nationality etc because he is in touch with God and as a result he realizes his true nature is that of a soul made in the image of God which has no gender, race, religion, nationality etc. That's when he will also realize that other people are also souls made in the image of God and hence are his brothers. Such personal realization will promote true peace and brotherhood. Not holy doctrines or lofty sounding principles.
I do not believe the problem of ego is all spiritual, I think it can be psychological and/or spiritual. Sometimes it is difficult to determine which is which and there is a lot of crossover. My academic background is psychology so I think that self-awareness is the most important quality a person can have, that and good boundaries between themselves and other people. If a person is self-aware and knows their weaknesses they can compensate for them and try to avoid being arrogant, even if they think that way and then eventually their thoughts can change and affect their behaviors. I think the key is looking at oneself, at both the good and bad qualities we have and trying to ovecome our bad qualities.

Anyone can have a problem with the ego, a problem being arrogant, whether they are a believer or an atheist. Many atheists I know have humility so that means belief in God is not necessary to be humble. There are many variables so I do not believe one size fits all or that what works for one person to overcome ego will work for everyone. We all have different personalities and backgrounds so we have to make our own way.

My path to self-awareness came through many, many years of counseling and homeopathic treatment as well as attendance at 12 step programs where I worked through my inner feelings and learned about boundaries. Later I was able to practice what I learned in real life situations. Finally, being on forums for the last seven years has been an invaluable learning experience because I have come into contact with so many different people of different beliefs and non-beliefs, people I never would have had the occasion to meet in real life situations. This has forced me to step back and look at myself and how I relate to others because what comes back is a reflection of how people see me and helps me become more self-aware.

I agree that overcoming our animal nature is very important because our animal nature is basically selfish, and self is ego. If we are not selfish we will not insist upon being right and having our way. So self is a big factor. I think we can overcome our animal nature by reading the teachings of the prophets and internalizing them and making a concerted effort to overcome our animal nature by constant awareness of what we are here for, focusing on our spiritual nature, being centered upon God and serving others rather than what our lower nature wants. The more we can practice this the easier it gets and we become more spiritual. Spiritual growth is a process that never ends and will continue in the next world. If ever we think we have "arrived" I think that is a warning that we have a lot of work to do. Somewhere I read that Abdu'l-Baha wrote that self-dissatisfaction is a sign of progress, I wish I could find the quote. The more we can see our own faults the less we will see faults in others. Of course all this is in the Hidden Words that we should only be looking at our own faults.

I think awareness is the necessary first step towards change, self-awareness and awareness of the right path, through the teachings of the prophets. I just happen to follow Baha'u'llah but I also derive a lot of inspiriation from the Gospels of Jesus, as they are essentially the same stated in slightly different language.

Prayer and meditation are ways to get in touch with our inner selves and with God that we are told to employ but I think it has to be up to every individual how they will put that into practice. To push people beyond their comfort level is rarely successful. I think a person can be spiritual even if they are not close to God. Not everyone has a desire to be close to God and I would never judge anyone for that since it is not my place to judge. As the old saying goes:native_american_walk_a_mile_in_his_moccasins_plaque-ra8b6d01fe36a4b8b9c798c95e04fe565_ar56t_8b...jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 2019
Hamburg
Maybe so. ThIs is a really fascinating thing to me, trying to imagine human spiritual life 50,000 or 100,000 years ago. Since the beginning of a new religion and social change seem to happen simultaneously it is hard to prove which is cause and effect.
This is often the case with topics that are scientifically researched. Research results fortunately do not depend on what we humans can imagine. That makes them objective.

Aug 2019
Berlin
And, indeed, there are no particular Bahá'í meditation techniques.
The Kitáb-i-Aqdas said:
It hath been ordained that every believer in God, the Lord of Judgment, shall, each day, having washed his hands and then his face, seat himself and, turning unto God, repeat “Alláh-u- Abhá” ninety-five times. Such was the decree of the Maker of the Heavens when, with majesty and power, He established Himself upon the thrones of His Names. Perform ye, likewise, ablutions for the Obligatory Prayer; this is the command of God, the Incomparable, the Unrestrained. (K18)
Baha'u'llah gave us this mantra meditation for daily practice in the Most Holy Book. We use Prayer Beads like this one:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-19 um 10.38.10.png

Here you can find further informations: How To Recite Your 95 Allah’u’Abhas Every Day

Aug 2019
Berlin
The reason unity is impossible is because people cling to their older religions and they all believe their religion is superior to the other religions.
Unity is not possible because people think their religion is superior and not because they follow old religions.
With the above statement you have got into a contradiction because you consider it a mistake that people supposedly follow old religions. But this is only your consideration, which implies to the others that they follow a false religion and that your religion is superior to the others.