Women on the UHJ

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
We can be direct and also polite. It's an art. ;)
Ohh yes, That is really an art :yes:

One of the very most inspirational scripts and quotes i ever was reading are from Abdu'l-Bahá ... also from Bahāʾullāh.
That why I belive that the Bahai Revelations was... no... is... a present from God to mankind.

Reactions: Trailblazer
Nov 2019
Hamburg
and all was , for me, better than that 1000 dogma-system where i grow up.
Ok, I understand you a little bit better, but your agitation is not free, but bound by your own history and psychology, thus you are further in mental prison because your statements show that it is difficult for you to accept other pathways to the truth. While I am free and have no problem with that. Because of that I must not take statements of Bahá’u’lláh and misinterpret them. But freedom of the mind doesn‘t come by changing your belief system, it is a question of a personal experience. On the other hand, I cannot understand your motivation to change your Religion. I have choosen my Religion because of Truth not because of the question of „being/feeling better“ without rules.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
I must not take statements of Bahá’u’lláh and misinterpret them.
Mhh... even if i missinterpret Bahá’u’lláh here or there... or Jesus... or another Son of God ever came to earth,
or a Prophet, or Manifestation of God... then only accidentally... but not intentionally.

I know that - specially the roman catholic church - means always... that they are "official decision-makers"... of the "legitimate interpretations".

For me: Only God is.

And i also listen to people where i sense that their heart is near by God. Only this counts. Where i can sense the spirit of Christ.

Which is not an intellectual issue.
Also not an issue of clerical theocracy.

The spirit of Christ is pure Widsom. Wherever it is... there i will open the ear.

For example the words of Bahāʾullāh or Abdu'l-Bahá.
But also - for example - Willigis Jäger... a very mature Christ... with much spirit of Christ.

Also ie. Paramahansa Yogananda.

Also Rumi (Dschalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī)

Those are my teachers. Everybody... where i can sense real spirit and widsom from heaven.

I cannot understand your motivation to change your Religion
Because I never ever considered myself as a member of the roman catholic church...
therefore, i never changed the religion.

Last edited:
Nov 2019
Hamburg
It has little to do with honesty or truth when I ask him if he has noticed the difference that for his theses he needs to interpret biblical passages in his sense (without any scientific or theological background), whereas I deliberately do not twist statements of Baha'u'llah. I could do that, but it's not a good style.
His answer to this, however, is to quote the first part and to answer it analogously: "Yes, I have noticed that you have no idea".
And all this from members of a religion who claim for themselves that religion must not cause a quarrel? So the New Age will not do that.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
And all this from members of a religion who claim for themselves that religion must not cause a quarrel?
Mhh... i could not see here any negative treatment to you @Jehoschua from the Bahai Members.

Please note that i not claim for myself... being a member of the Bahai Movement.
I'm just my self... not fixed attached to any Religion.

But... i share all points of the core teachings from the Bahai Faith... but just for my self.

I also believe that the cores of the Bahai Faith would become the default attitude in the future... and that they 100% in alignment with Christ.

With this cores... deeply internalized in the heart of many people as possible ....
mankind could reach global Peace, global Justice and Unity.

Why?
Because that was the Design of God of the Bahai Revelations via Bahāʾullāh and Abdu'l-Bahá.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
Berlin
@Jehoshua

our big problem is that we as humans have to go into self-reflection again and again. As you can see here, we humans are still on our way.

Baha'u'llah teaches us not to talk about other people's sins while we ourselves are still sinners. Jesus said that we should first pull the beam out of our own eye before we pull the splinter out of our brother's eye.

These approaches show that human reality has not yet changed and that we humans are still sinners. This is our human reality. No one escapes sin by following a particular religion.

Some thoughts on this. Every religion has a hierarchy of truths. In the Baha'i faith, the unity of religions and the unity of people is superior to the theological details. Therefore, Baha'u'llah establishes the personal search for truth because we humans are able to work toward a common goal despite theological differences. In the same sense, it makes little sense to discuss the theological differences between Baha'i faith and Christianity, as this is not necessary for common action.

You will find many prayers and meditations that make it clear that we cannot stand before God's justice. That God should not look at our works. There is a similar hint in the Letter to the Romans in the New Testament.

The Church believes that the Holy Spirit reigns in the community of all believers and that Christianity therefore persists and is true even beyond concrete words. Baha'i also believe the same, which is why they cultivate the communal, respectful exchange about truths of faith, in which no one places his individual interpretation and his own ego above the other.

"The grace of the Holy Spirit confers the true method of knowledge which is infallible and cannot be doubted". (Questions Answered, p. 286)

Unlike many Baha'i I have met before, I do not see Christianity as an incomplete revelation that needs renewal. Rather, Christianity is a complete revelation that should be reaffirmed. This is done through Baha'u'llah. He did not come to present Christianity as outdated, but to strengthen the message.

For some Baha'i this may only be the pre-Easter faith that sees Jesus as a prophet, but I believe that the post-Easter experience is an important part, because through the manifestations of God we experience the attributes of God. This reveals itself to man according to his level and so it is understandable that Jesus said "There is so much I want to tell you but you do not understand", while later the Holy Spirit brought the insights.

And to the question of the coming prophets. From Christian Revelation it can only be deduced that people should not despise prophetic discourses. It is simply a fundamental openness.

Of course, you should check whether the prophetic speeches serve the edification of the community or whether they lead to discord and division. And against this background I see the prophetic speeches of Baha'u'llah, which always emphasized that as soon as religion leads to strife and discord, no real religion is to be rejected. Baha'u'llah ties in content to the letter of Thessalonians.

Therefore there will also be many prophets who are to be rejected from a Christian point of view and from a Baha'i point of view in the same way.

Last edited:

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
If one would ask me... what was/is the essence of the spirit of Christ... then i would say:
"Whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets" (Mt 7,12)
Because this is also my personal understanding... of being a real follower of Christ... and of the Prophets before.
Please note that the term: "the Law and the Prophets" means nothing other than the summary.... of the core of Judaism.

When Abdu'l-Bahá visited New York in the United States in 1912... he started His visit with the words:
To be a Bahai simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it;
to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood

(Source: Abdul Bahá, New York City, 1912 )
If this is the core meaning of being a Bahai...
then i can not see any contradiction of what is meaning being a Christ... or a Jew...
based of the above statement of Jesus.

The spirit of Christ never ever wanted any conflict between religions... between mankind.

All conflicts - until war - every happend in mankind... are based on errors...
on missunderstandig and missinterpretation... of the universal Spirit of God.

It is very ... very clear for me... that spirit of Christ... and the spirit of Bahāʾullāh.... is in no way against in each other. Never was. Never be.
They are One in God and the Light of the Sun.

The sun of truth rises in each season from a different point of the horizon.
Today it is here, yesterday it was there, and tomorrow it will appear from another direction.
You must learn to distinguish the sun of truth from whichever point of the horizon it is shining!
The foundation of that spirit is the love of God; and its method the love and service of mankind.

( Source: Abdu'l-Bahá: 'Abdu'l-Bahá on Divine Philosophy )

Aug 2019
Berlin
If one would ask me... what was/is the essence of the spirit of Christ... then i would say
Your approach is called patchwork religion in religious studies. In postmodern times, people no longer accept religious authorities, but still have the religious impulse, which is why they put everything together as they please. It would be as if a Christian would take Baha'u'llah's statement that every Baha'i should seek the truth and note that Jesus said he was the truth and therefore the Baha'i faith would be a lead to Christianity. But this would not be tenable by the overall picture. Neither does your quarry exegesis lead to a real understanding, but is wild speculation.

A proof text is a passage of scripture presented as proof for a theological doctrine, belief, or principle.Prooftexting (sometimes "proof-texting" or "proof texting") is the practice of using isolated, out-of-context quotations from a document to establish a proposition in eisegesis (introducing one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases). Such quotes may not accurately reflect the original intent of the author, and a document quoted in such a manner, when read as a whole, may not support the proposition for which it was cited. (Prooftext - Wikipedia)

Last edited:

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Hi @certitude

Personaly i believe that if a Christian act according to the spirit of Christ, he could be also called a Baha'i.

Because the source of Christianity and Baha'i are One.

More: The source of all the divine Prophets and holy books are One.

The difference is only of terminology.

Whoever acts in accordance with the spirit of Christ... he or she is a Baha'i.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
Berlin
Personaly i believe that if a Christian act according to the spirit of Christ, he could be also called a Baha'i.
In doing so, you do not respect the right of every human being to position themselves. If a person understands himself as a Christian, you cannot deny him this and claim that he can also be called Baha'i. It also contradicts the idea of brotherhood among people to claim it for one's own faith. A good way would be to acknowledge a person who feels surrendered to God as a believing person and not to call him Baha'i.

Or to quote Abdu'l-Bahá, whom you yourself brought in:

The sun of truth rises in each season from a different point of the horizon. Why do you call yourselves [...] Bahais? You must learn to distinguish the sun of truth from whichever point of the horizon it is shining!

Last edited: