World unity/peace.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
I just had a question, is world unity/peace prophesied in the baha'i scriptures?

If it is who exactly prophesied it

Thanks.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
Sep 2018
usa
The Baha’i writings explain that there will be three stages leading to the new divine civilization. First will be a period of great turmoil and suffering, which we are now witnessing. Then will come the Lesser Peace, which is the political unity of nations. After that will come the Most Great Peace.

so in a way you could say they have prophesied it. However, i would say they envisioned it.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
The Baha’i writings explain that there will be three stages leading to the new divine civilization. First will be a period of great turmoil and suffering, which we are now witnessing. Then will come the Lesser Peace, which is the political unity of nations. After that will come the Most Great Peace.

so in a way you could say they have prophesied it. However, i would say they envisioned it.
Well envisioning and prophesying are two different things. When a Manifestation prophesize that means it's guaranteed to happen but when it's envisioned that means it maybe will happen.

So would you say that maybe world unity/peace will happen?

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Well envisioning and prophesying are two different things. When a Manifestation prophesize that means it's guaranteed to happen but when it's envisioned that means it maybe will happen.

So would you say that maybe world unity/peace will happen?
There is a lot of prophecy about this subject. There is a lot to happen and a catastrophic event will come as will the Most Great Peace.

"...We desire but the good of the world and the happiness of the nations; yet they deem Us a stirrer up of strife and sedition worthy of bondage and banishment…. That all nations should become one in faith and all men as brothers; that the bonds of affection and unity between the sons of men should be strengthened; that diversity of religion should cease, and differences of race be annulled—what harm is there in this?… Yet so it shall be; these fruitless strifes, these ruinous wars shall pass away, and the ‘Most Great Peace’ shall come…. Yet do We see your kings and rulers lavishing their treasures more freely on means for the destruction of the human race than on that which would conduce to the happiness of mankind…. These strifes and this bloodshed and discord must cease, and all men be as one kindred and one family…. Let not a man glory in this, that he loves his country; let him rather glory in this, that he loves his kind…."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages ix-xiv

Regards Tony

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
There is a lot of prophecy about this subject. There is a lot to happen and a catastrophic event will come as will the Most Great Peace.

"...We desire but the good of the world and the happiness of the nations; yet they deem Us a stirrer up of strife and sedition worthy of bondage and banishment…. That all nations should become one in faith and all men as brothers; that the bonds of affection and unity between the sons of men should be strengthened; that diversity of religion should cease, and differences of race be annulled—what harm is there in this?… Yet so it shall be; these fruitless strifes, these ruinous wars shall pass away, and the ‘Most Great Peace’ shall come…. Yet do We see your kings and rulers lavishing their treasures more freely on means for the destruction of the human race than on that which would conduce to the happiness of mankind…. These strifes and this bloodshed and discord must cease, and all men be as one kindred and one family…. Let not a man glory in this, that he loves his country; let him rather glory in this, that he loves his kind…."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages ix-xiv

Regards Tony
So just to make sure, is this quote a prophesy and does it says in the baha'i scriptures about when will unity and peace come?

And what do you mean by a catastrophic event will come as will the Most Great Peace?

Sep 2010
So just to make sure, is this quote a prophesy and does it says in the baha'i scriptures about when will unity and peace come?

And what do you mean by a catastrophic event will come as will the Most Great Peace?
The timing of Prophecy is only known by God and it unfolds as God so willeth.

There are Biblical Prophecies yet to unfold.

When mankind in the 1800's rejected the Most Great Peace, Baha'u'llah gave the requirements for a lesser peace. There are signs that will unfold so we will know the lesser peace is not far away.

Mankind then also did not implement the lesser peace and Baha'u'llah told of some future events that would come to pass. Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi have given a bigger vision of events that will unfold. We see many of them happening with a greater rapidity.

We know the cities will not survive. The skyscrapers will topple. The new civilization will again be small town and village based with the mašriqu-l-'aḏkār (Baha'i Temple) being the center point.

Bahá'í House of Worship - Wikipedia

I see the lesser peace will be built after the event to come, what else is going to change the minds of men on the scale required to implement such a change!

"The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody." Baha'u'llah

Regards Tony

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
The timing of Prophecy is only known by God and it unfolds as God so willeth.

There are Biblical Prophecies yet to unfold.

When mankind in the 1800's rejected the Most Great Peace, Baha'u'llah gave the requirements for a lesser peace. There are signs that will unfold so we will know the lesser peace is not far away.

Mankind then also did not implement the lesser peace and Baha'u'llah told of some future events that would come to pass. Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi have given a bigger vision of events that will unfold. We see many of them happening with a greater rapidity.

We know the cities will not survive. The skyscrapers will topple. The new civilization will again be small town and village based with the mašriqu-l-'aḏkār (Baha'i Temple) being the center point.

Bahá'í House of Worship - Wikipedia

I see the lesser peace will be built after the event to come, what else is going to change the minds of men on the scale required to implement such a change!

"The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody." Baha'u'llah

Regards Tony
Very interesting.

"The timing of Prophecy is only known by God and it unfolds as God so willeth".
That kind of sound very christian like in the sense that the christians believe that no one knows when will christ return but we know as baha'is that Baha'u'llah is the return of christ and we always point to the time of christ return as Baha'u'llah in the bible.

"There are Biblical Prophecies yet to unfold".
I thought that with the coming of Baha'u'llah the biblical prophecies had been fulfilled.

"We know the cities will not survive. The skyscrapers will topple"

"I see the lesser peace will be built after the event to come, what else is going to change the minds of men on the scale required to implement such a change"

"And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody"

I think about the last quote sometimes. Could this be the baha'i concept of apocalypse/armageddon? What does "appointed hour" really mean?

We've had civilizations crumble in the past, rome crumbled for example and I'm sure other empires crumbled as well, but guess what humanity is still not where it needs to be yet.

Humanity has had world battles and wars all through history, we've been on this planet for about 200,000 years and we still don't have world unity and peace.

Last edited:
Sep 2010
I think about the last quote sometimes. Could this be the baha'i concept of apocalypse/armageddon? What does "appointed hour" really mean?
It could very well have unlimited meanings.

It could already seen to have happened with the Declarations of the Bab and Baha'u'llah, or it could be the next Messenger after 1000 years? It does say before hand, that mankinds perversity will long continue.

The Bible also talks about earthquakes and shaking of limbs may be such an event. The Bible also says in Isaiah 24:20, "The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again."

In the end it does not matter as we must live each day to the best of our ability by service and leave what is to come to what God has so willed.

I find these exciting times, it all points to a day of great unity, a day we are working for so that others can build the Most Great Peace.

Regards Tony