World unity/peace.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
I see it is by immersion in the ocean of Baha'u'llah's Revelation.

The Kitab-i-qan describes in detail the rejection of the Messengers of God, which is our history up to and including this day and the future days to come. Each one of those Messengers tell of this day and of the future where Mankind will better reflect on this earth, what is the spiritual kingdom. Progressive revelation is the principal.

Each Faith in the past has had its Golden day and these days better reflect what is of the Spiritual Worlds. The Baha'i Faith will reach a Golden age and this age will see a reflection of the spiritual worlds on a scale yet reached. The Baha'i Faith will also have its winter, a new Messenger will come to build upon what humanity has learned. When that day comes, I would think it will be more than an earth based message, we would have reached out to other worlds, other creatures and peoples. We have a lot of unity to consider :)

Regards Tony
I'm really still not understanding the answer exactly to the question of is world unity/peace prophesied in baha'i scripture?

You talk about golden ages and winters but did the scriptures of the past talk about a time of everlasting peace and did the baha'i scriptures say that the most great will be everlasting?

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
Yes that is correct. What you do find in the pilgrim notes is also mostly found in the official writings of Shoghi Effendi, with the graphic detail not included.

This pilgrim note by Valera & John Allen says it well;

"One of the surprising things to us was that there was considerable difference in opinion as to just what the Guardian had said or meant to imply. It made us acutely aware of why Pilgrim's notes must always remain on the basis of personal understanding and cannot have any official standing."

Regards Tony
Is it possible for you to state some of the pilgrims notes that you believe that are authentic and some of the ones you believe that aren't authentic?

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
When one reads the Bible about the last days, it is not hard to conclude there has not been the scale of literal fulfillment that many expect. As a Baha'i we spend most of our time sharing the Spiritual Fulfillment of these Prophecies and through Gods bounty we are able to combine this with some literal fulfillment's.

If we look at but one; Zechariah 13:8 "And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein."

This could very well be a spiritual reality and fulfillment, just as we can also know that the dead bury the dead. As for 100% material fulfillment, we know it has not happened.

There are many pilgrim notes that record it, some say it in different ways, but they all say it may have a material unfolding yet to happen, here is one example;

"....When dinner was finished he cleared the place in front of him and said that he had read a most important news item. He produced a copy of the "London Times", December 16, 1954 and read to us the following excerpt: "Mr. Wyatt asked the Prime Minister (Mr. Churchill) whether he could state with greater exactness the number of atomic and nuclear explosions that he was advised would make lethal the atmosphere over substantial areas of the world and whether he had now studied the evidence that he (Mr. Wyatt) had submitted to him." The Guardian called attention to the reference in the Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh, "Words of Paradise", (B.W.F. p.183) where He wrote: "A strange and wonderful instrument which has the power to change the atmosphere of the whole earth, and its infection causes destruction." He said the word "wonderful" was not right, a better translation would be "astonishing" and "instrument" was also a wrong translation but he could not put his finger on the right word. We all tried to help out with suggestions but he said none was exactly right. He told us that there is a difference in translating a word correctly and using a term to explain the meaning. Just to explain the meaning he said that probably "substance" would be the nearest word.

The Guardian said he was impressed because of the use of the word "atmosphere" in the paper and the idea that the "lethal" properties could cover large areas of the earth. Bahá'u'lláh had prophesied a third stage — covering the whole earth. The beginning or the first stage was the explosions in Japan that had effected the immediate areas. The second stage was the covering of large areas of the globe such as the article in the "Times" referred to and the third was the one anticipated by Bahá'u'lláh as a teaching point. And added as an afterthought that one could easily see how the prophecy in Daniel regarding 2/3 of the earth being destroyed could come to pass...." Haifa Impressions

Regards Tony
Is it possible for you to state some of the biblical and/or qur'anic prophecies that you believe that has not been literally fulfilled yet?

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
I'm really still not understanding the answer exactly to the question of is world unity/peace prophesied in baha'i scripture?

You talk about golden ages and winters but did the scriptures of the past talk about a time of everlasting peace and did the baha'i scriptures say that the most great will be everlasting?
Is it possible for you to state some of the pilgrims notes that you believe that are authentic and some of the ones you believe that aren't authentic?
Is it possible for you to state some of the biblical and/or qur'anic prophecies that you believe that has not been literally fulfilled yet?
What are your views?

Regards Tony

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
What are your views?

Regards Tony
Well I was just trying to see if world unity and the most great peace was absolutely prophesied in baha'i scriptures. I understand that the scriptures teaches that humanity as a whole has been growing up all through time but the Manifestations has come and gone and I read that modern human has been on earth for about 200,000 years and we're still not where we needs to be yet. I was wondering because if it is left to us what if humanity by free will/free choise doesn't really want world unity and peace, what will actually happen humanity? Like I said the Manifestations of God has come and gone all through time, I wonder if this dispensation too will be gone before humanity is at world unity and peace?

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
I wonder if this dispensation too will be gone before humanity is at world unity and peace?
The Most Great Peace could indeed be quite some time away, the Bible talks about satan being released and around for a thousand years. Baha'u'llah says the next Messenger will come after a thousand years. The Lesser Peace will happen and I can not see humanity surviving its predudices and disunity, unless we have a change of mind sooner than later.

Have you read Crisis and Victory? This is a must for any Baha'i in this age. We are in exciting to times, times where much change is possible and many not knowing where to turn. Our place in life is to show them the hope, in the way we live our lives and the deeds resulting. That from this turmoil a great future will unfold.

Regards Tony

Well I was just trying to see if world unity and the most great peace was absolutely prophesied in baha'i scriptures. I understand that the scriptures teaches that humanity as a whole has been growing up all through time but the Manifestations has come and gone and I read that modern human has been on earth for about 200,000 years and we're still not where we needs to be yet. I was wondering because if it is left to us what if humanity by free will/free choise doesn't really want world unity and peace, what will actually happen humanity? Like I said the Manifestations of God has come and gone all through time, I wonder if this dispensation too will be gone before humanity is at world unity and peace?
200,000 years is nothing, humanity is currently in its infancy.
it takes time to raise a baby to maturity.
each prophet is like a teacher in school, as humanity ages, the classes become more difficult due to the students capacity growing.
for example, mose's class thought us to unite locally, jesus nationaly, mohammad continental, bahaullah globally.
we are as you can see, gradually but definitely reaching world peace. it doesn't even need to be prophesied, when its happening before our eyes.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
The Most Great Peace could indeed be quite some time away, the Bible talks about satan being released and around for a thousand years. Baha'u'llah says the next Messenger will come after a thousand years. The Lesser Peace will happen and I can not see humanity surviving its predudices and disunity, unless we have a change of mind sooner than later.

Have you read Crisis and Victory? This is a must for any Baha'i in this age. We are in exciting to times, times where much change is possible and many not knowing where to turn. Our place in life is to show them the hope, in the way we live our lives and the deeds resulting. That from this turmoil a great future will unfold.

Regards Tony
I really hope and pray that humanity does have a great future. God has given humanity free will/free choise, we don't have to listen to anything if don't want to. Most of the people of the world either think the world is just fine the way it is or they feel like they can't do anything significant. I believe that one of the ways we can make the world a better place is to understand the world is not fine and it needs to be fixed spiritually. I also believe that it takes unity to really get things done, a lot of people have to come to the table and be positively on the same page, if we don't even want come at the table and be on the same page the world is just going to keep being like it is. I believe we can have real unity and peace sooner than later. The golden rule says to do unto others as you would do unto yourself, it mindboggles me to think that what is so hard about that statement?

We all know as baha'is what the word satan really mean. We believe in positive and negative energy that can be spread. The thing is we need more positive energy to overtake the negative energy and that will only happen if we have true unity.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
200,000 years is nothing, humanity is currently in its infancy.
it takes time to raise a baby to maturity.
each prophet is like a teacher in school, as humanity ages, the classes become more difficult due to the students capacity growing.
for example, mose's class thought us to unite locally, jesus nationaly, mohammad continental, bahaullah globally.
we are as you can see, gradually but definitely reaching world peace. it doesn't even need to be prophesied, when its happening before our eyes.
200,000 years is nothing compared to what? I would tend to think that 200,000 in human years is very long time. If I'm not mistaking the baha'i writings actually says that humanity is on verge of maturity. But even though the writings says that, as we look around us it's apparent that even after a long 200,000 human years we're still not where we need to be yet.

I really do hope and pray that humanity does reach world unity and peace. Sometimes i really wonder why would most people think that the world is find the way it is, It mindboggling.