World unity/peace.

Sep 2018
usa
200,000 years is nothing compared to what?
to eternity.
Sometimes i really wonder why would most people think that the world is find the way it is, It mindboggling.
its simple, some sit around and "hope and pray" for this most great peace to come and make the world a better place.
others seize the opportunity, and see potential in growth by experiencing hardship in the current state of the world. Therefore, whether they are experiencing heaven or hell, they are thankful.

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
to eternity.

its simple, some sit around and "hope and pray" for this most great peace to come and make the world a better place.
others seize the opportunity, and see potential in growth by experiencing hardship in the current state of the world. Therefore, whether they are experiencing heaven or hell, they are thankful.
What we must also consider is that Baha'u'llah has said if the Baha'i do not arise and serve, that the job will be handed to others as well.

We know from the writings that the Baha'i have not responded on the required scale. That is very clear in the writings of Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi.

We must now build the Lesser Peace with others, a unity in diversity. We must build vibrant communities based in virtue and service to each other.

I see there are most likely more Baha'i out there, that are not Baha'i, but very well may be more Baha'i. :)

Regards Tony

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
to eternity.

200,000 years is nothing compared to eternity, I agree with that but we're not talking about the next world, we're talking about this world.

I think that most people in the world don't even hope and pray for things in this world to get better, like I said most of the people of the world either think the world is just fine the way it is or they feel like they can't do anything significant.

I also think that this world has potential, but the big question is will this world die with it's potential?

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
What we must also consider is that Baha'u'llah has said if the Baha'i do not arise and serve, that the job will be handed to others as well.

We know from the writings that the Baha'i have not responded on the required scale. That is very clear in the writings of Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi.

We must now build the Lesser Peace with others, a unity in diversity. We must build vibrant communities based in virtue and service to each other.

I see there are most likely more Baha'i out there, that are not Baha'i, but very well may be more Baha'i. :)

Regards Tony
"if the baha'is do not arise and serve, that the job will be handed to others".
you know what, I think I heard or read something like that, I forget whether or not the statement was specifically for baha'is or humanity as a whole. The question is what does that statement really mean?

Like I said I was just trying to make clear if world unity/peace was actually prophesied or not. When the Manifestations make a prophesy that prophesy is guaranteed to happen. Sometimes I think it's a very scary thought that if world unity/peace is not prophesied and it's left totally to us then it not guaranteed that world unity/peace will ever come.

Like I said humanity has been given free will/free choise, people can choose to take heed or not. When we tell people about the baha'i faith people can either take the pamphlet with them or right after the conversation throw the pamphlet right in the trash.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
Thanks for the quote.

I think I read that before, we are all still learning and I believe that we're going to keep learning until we reach the next world.

Obviously we humans was not around 4.543 billion years ago. The dinosaurs was before us and then we humans was after. I think I read in the writings that the ingredients have to come together for creation to happen. The ingredients was always there it's just that when those ingredients finally come together it makes a new creation.

But all that is another subject.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
So would you say that maybe world unity/peace will happen?
I'd say it's a guaranteed certainty regardless of prophetic or divine assurances, just as the natural consequence of modern and expanding communications technology. People regularly form bonds with others from very great distances across many national and cultural borders, and culture is spreading and mixing throughout the internet at a much more rapid rate due to it no longer being constrained by physical human movement.

Unity is coming and seems to be an inevitability. I've even noticed people who ardently identify themselves as "nationalists" forming friendships and alliances with others in other countries, and collaborating on an international scale.

I think the chaos seen in the current world is just the old institutions trying to cling on in the face of this latest paradigm shift.

Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
I'd say it's a guaranteed certainty regardless of prophetic or divine assurances, just as the natural consequence of modern and expanding communications technology. People regularly form bonds with others from very great distances across many national and cultural borders, and culture is spreading and mixing throughout the internet at a much more rapid rate due to it no longer being constrained by physical human movement.

Unity is coming and seems to be an inevitability. I've even noticed people who ardently identify themselves as "nationalists" forming friendships and alliances with others in other countries, and collaborating on an international scale.

I think the chaos seen in the current world is just the old institutions trying to cling on in the face of this latest paradigm shift.
I really hope and pray that world unity and peace inevitability comes sooner than later.

I tell people about the baha'i faith whenever I can, but I'm only one person, people don't have to listen to me if they don't want to.

I know that it seem like more people is coming together and being spiritually conscious but compared to the world as a whole that's nothing. It's going to have to take much more people than that to make an actual positive change in this world.

I know that initially I asked the question of is world unity and peace prophesied but as I think about it another equally important question, is the time of world unity and peace prophesied. The modern humans has been on earth for about 200,000 years, the Manifestations of God has come and gone but as we can see as a majority humanity is still not where it needs to be yet.

I really hope that world unity and peace finally comes in this dispensation and no later.

It's been far to long.

Last edited: