You became a Bahai during what year?

Mar 2018
Tenino, WA
Becoming a Baha'i

My parents were Baha'i. I began the process of becoming a Baha'i when I was born in l945. I learned to say the "23rd Psalm" and the prayer, "Refresh and Gladden My Spirit" when I was a toddler. My mother was the only Baha'i for many miles around. Her only books were a prayer book and Baha'i Scriptures. In 1957, we had enough Baha'is to form a spiritual assembly including my father. I was enrolled into the Faith administratively when I was 15 after several weeks of mandatory lessons on such things as the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah and the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha. To this day I am becoming a Baha'i.

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
My parents were Baha'i. I began the process of becoming a Baha'i when I was born in l945. I learned to say the "23rd Psalm" and the prayer, "Refresh and Gladden My Spirit" when I was a toddler. My mother was the only Baha'i for many miles around. Her only books were a prayer book and Baha'i Scriptures. In 1957, we had enough Baha'is to form a spiritual assembly including my father. I was enrolled into the Faith administratively when I was 15 after several weeks of mandatory lessons on such things as the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah and the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha. To this day I am becoming a Baha'i.
Great to meet you, yes we are all still trying. Hope to have a chat or two.

Regards Tony

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
The end of May, 1978 at the age of 27 following a couple of years of intense study of the major religions of the world (and their off shoots), some philosophy, as well as some new age influences. The search for meaning and purpose of life was my initial focus. After reaching a point of recognizing some parallel truths and patterns in them all, and not knowing which direction to go with that realization, I decided to shelve the search for a time. Shortly thereafter, I was introduced to the Baha'i Faith in a small town in western Oregon by a lone street teacher, which lead to several fire sides, further study, and then thanks be to God - Recognition. And thanks be to God for that soul on the street as well.

-LR