You became a Bahai during what year?

Mar 2019
Senegal
2019, not long ago. I had independently read some of the works (7 Valleys and 4 Valleys, Gleanings from the writings of Baha'u'llah, and Hidden Words) and re-read them. I loved the insights and poetic nature and was always enamored by the tenets of the faith. I wrote one paper in a religions class about Baha'i, and how it's a religion well suited for the modern era.

I have never really met a Baha'i, or ever participated fully in a religious tradition. I am half Christian, half Jewish (mom's side, so fully Jewish by their laws) but neither parent was religious themselves. My mom had taken my brother and I to synagogue when we were younger and left it up to us to continue Hebrew studies and Temple or not. We chose not to and only celebrated Judaism culturally (hannukah and passover mostly).

1.5 years ago I came to Senegal to do agriculture and agroforestry work as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I live in a village, country and region with a vast majority Muslim population. I came to a deep appreciation of the beauty of a spiritually unified society and community. Senegalese and Gambian are the most welcoming and peace loving people I've met in the world. The culture here is teranga (hospitality).

I've been reading the Quran to gain a better understanding of Islam, and continued my reading and re-reading of central Baha'i texts... I'm going very soon to visit the Gambia NSA in Serrekunda! I've begun doing one of the 3 obligatory prayers a day, though I have only memorized the short one. And I've started saying Allahu abha 95x a day.

And lo and behold, I feel much more positive and motivated in my daily life lately

Peace only,
Pher

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Earth
2019, not long ago. I had independently read some of the works (7 Valleys and 4 Valleys, Gleanings from the writings of Baha'u'llah, and Hidden Words) and re-read them. I loved the insights and poetic nature and was always enamored by the tenets of the faith. I wrote one paper in a religions class about Baha'i, and how it's a religion well suited for the modern era.

I have never really met a Baha'i, or ever participated fully in a religious tradition. I am half Christian, half Jewish (mom's side, so fully Jewish by their laws) but neither parent was religious themselves. My mom had taken me andy brother to synagogue when we were younger and left it up to us to continue Hebrew studies and temple or not. We chose not to and only celebrated Judaism culturally (hannukah and passover mostly).
1.5 years ago I came to Senegal to do agriculture and agroforestry work as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I live in a village, country and region with a vast majority Muslim population. I came to a deep appreciation of the beauty of a spiritually unified society and community. Senegalese and Gambian are the most welcoming and peace loving people I've met in the world. The culture here is teranga (hospitality).

I've been reading the Quran to gain a better understanding of Islam, and continued my reading and re-reading of central Baha'i texts... I'm going very soon to visit the Gambia NSA in Serrekunda! I've begun doing one of the 3 obligatory prayers a day, though I have only memorized the short one. And I've started saying Allahu abha 95x a day.

And lo and behold, I feel much more positive and motivated in my daily life lately

Peace only,
Pher
What a wonderful journey Pher. Great to meet you and look forward to seeing you post here.

I wish you always well and happy and if you have any questions we are hereto help when we can.

All the best, regards Tony

Jan 2018
Maine
I just withdrew my membership from The Baha'i Faith after one year of membership and mailed in my membership card. I suggest you leave The Baha'i Faith also. Bahaullah is considered to be a false prophet in Islam. The same way that Joseph Smith is considered a false prophet in America. I went back to Christianity. Christianity is a better religion than The Baha'i Faith.

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Earth
I just withdrew my membership from The Baha'i Faith after one year of membership and mailed in my membership card. I suggest you leave The Baha'i Faith also. Bahaullah is considered to be a false prophet in Islam. The same way that Joseph Smith is considered a false prophet in America. I went back to Christianity. Christianity is a better religion than The Baha'i Faith.
All the best with your new chosen path joey473. Faith is never an easy path to walk, as God will always test us. I hope you find what you are looking for.

You are aware that Jews think Jesus is a false prophet as well?

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Muhammad is also considered a false prophet in Christianity. So do you believe that Muhammad is a false prophet?
All religions believe that any prophet that comes after their prophet is false because all religions believe they are the Only Way, but they cannot ALL be the Only Way.
Christianity is not a better religion if Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ. In that case, Christianity is a false religion because they all rejected the return of Christ.