Asia Youth Conferences in Asia

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Lucknow Youth Conference
India | 11-13 October 2013

Uttar Pradesh—known as the heartland of Hindi—is the most populated state in India. It was there, from 11 to 13 October, that 2,200 young people from over 200 localities came together for the youth conference in Lucknow, India. The energy of so many young souls gathering to consult on themes related to the period of youth, the importance of spiritual education, and contributing to the advancement of civilization was profoundly moving.

Even with such large numbers, it was possible to create an atmosphere in which all felt supported by one another to participate. Every session started on time, with a spirit of cooperation and joy among volunteers and participants. Over the course of three days, in workshop groups sometimes numbering 80, youth shared ideas and exchanged insights with one another, each listening respectfully to the contributions of their peers.

Lucknow, India Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Bangalore Youth Conference
India | 12-14 October 2013

Bangalore, with its vibrant flora, vast parklands, and tree-lined avenues, is known as the “garden city of India”. Around 800 young people from three southern states—Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala—inspired by Bahá‘u’lláh’s vision for a just and united world, gathered from 12 to 14 October in the city to consult about how their generation could share this vision with others.

For many, exploring the potential of youth to contribute to the development of their communities presented challenging, yet exciting, ideas. The participants were eager to deepen their understanding, studying together for long hours and discussing the conference materials. “This conference is a new experience for me,” one 17-year-old said. “I learned how to identify opportunities for service and cannot wait to begin as soon as I am home again.” The sincerity of the bonds of friendship that were formed enhanced their ability to consult, and the diversity of the different cultural backgrounds and languages of the participants enriched their discussions.

Bangalore, India Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Biratnagar Youth Conference
Nepal | 18-20 October 2013

In busload after busload they arrived. 3,200 young people from eastern and central districts of Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim and Darjeeling region of India travelled in groups to participate in the Biratnagar youth conference in Nepal from 18 to 20 October. Eventually, in every corner of the conference venue, youth in high spirits were singing, laughing, becoming friends, and anticipating the fruits of their consultations.

Many were new to the community-building process in their neighbourhoods and villages, and had been invited by friends and neighbours. As they consulted about the profound concepts in the conference materials, everyone developed a deeper appreciation of the special characteristics and responsibilities of the period of youth. One said, “We, the youth, are the future of the nation, therefore it is our responsibility to advance ourselves and the society we live in.” Another said, “Youth have an important role to play in the advancement of society, and with this responsibility comes a great challenge, especially to be a worthy role model for others.”

Biratnagar, Nepal Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

San Jose City Youth Conference
Philippines | 18-20 October 2013

“Let us prepare the younger generation to contribute to a better society in the future,” said a person reflecting a shared sense of purpose among participants at the San Jose City youth conference in the Philippines, held from 18 to 20 October. Despite a devastating typhoon that passed through central and northern Luzon only days before the start of the gathering, over 500 young people came together at Central Luzon State University to consult on the ways in which they could contribute to meaningful change in their communities.

Among the themes explored by the youth was the importance of assisting the younger generation to develop the skills, spiritual qualities, and attitudes necessary to live a life of service. They shared examples from their own lives in which older youth assisted them to be of service and recognized the impact this had on their future choices. “From my own experience I know how important the role of older youth is in supporting younger ones to develop capacity to serve their community. Their example inspired me and I hope to be the same kind of inspirational example for those younger than me.”

San Jose City, Philippines Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Kampong Thom Youth Conference
Cambodia | 20-22 October 2013

“This is the very first time I have participated in such a gathering and the feeling and atmosphere is such that we are all one family. We are learning from our study and our consultation how we can contribute to making a positive change in our communities,” said one participant at the Kampong Thom youth conference in Cambodia, held from 18 to 20 October. Despite recent flooding that swept across most of the country, displacing families and causing widespread damage, over 900 young people from Thailand and Cambodia gathered to deliberate on the ways their generation could contribute to building materially and spiritually prosperous communities.

Local government officials, including the deputy vice governor, warmly welcomed those gathered, acknowledging their commitment to serving their neighbourhoods and villages. He spoke of the importance of assisting communities in both their spiritual and material development, and about the need for all members of a community, particularly the youth, to support the process.

Kampong Thom, Cambodia Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Bardiya (Banke) Youth Conference
Nepal | 25-27 October 2013

Nepalgunj, in the Banke district, is one of the largest cities in Nepal and is filled with busy streets. On 25 October, when 42 buses full of youth from villages and towns of the western region of Nepal made their way toward a stadium in the city centre, all other traffic momentarily stopped. Just over 4,000 young people gathered from 26 to 28 October to focus their thoughts and energies on the material and spiritual well-being of their communities. As one participant said, “Each of us needs to recognize our own responsibility and contribute to the progress of the village where we live.”

After registering, the participants joined one another in a large tent erected in the middle of the stadium for the plenary and workshop sessions. They sat in groups, some making garlands of marigold flowers to decorate the stage, others singing, and yet others sitting silently in awe of their surroundings. The conference task force had arranged a contribution desk, and many of the participants had organized their donations while still on their buses, making the process much more efficient upon arrival. Along with cash funds, donations included rice, lentils, and vegetables brought from their villages, some hundreds of kilometers away.

Bardiya (Banke), Nepal Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Cagayan de Oro Youth Conference
Philippines | 25-27 October 2013

“Sama-samang maglingkod sa kapwa” (Let us serve our fellowmen), sang the youth from Kisolon on the first night of the youth conference in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, held from 25 to 27 October. This was the third and last conference in the country, and participation numbered some 600 youth from across Mindanao and the Visayas.

In discussing the unique characteristics of the stage of youth, those gathered recognized the opportunity afforded to them to make a meaningful contribution to the well-being of their communities. A young woman stated, “As youth, all of us want to serve; all of us desire to be positive role models for our peers. We desire to belong to a community where love for each other and peacefulness is seen and felt. This conference has given me hope.” This contribution, they concluded, could be focused on assisting those younger than themselves to recognise prevailing social forces and channel their energies towards service in their neighbourhoods and villages.

Cagayan de Oro, Philippines Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Vientiane Youth Conference
Laos | 25-27 October 2013

From 25 to 27 October, close to 200 young people gathered in Vientiane, Laos, to consult on the ways in which their generation could contribute to the well-being of their villages and neighbourhoods. Such a gathering was a new experience for the country, and in attendance were several government officials, including young officials who participated in a some of the workshop sessions.

A number of themes were explored in these workshops including the importance of education, both material and spiritual, in a community’s development. One participant said that in his village, many of the children are unable to attend school, and after discussing the role of youth in assisting those younger than themselves, he shared his plan to offer classes for these children that would address their academic and spiritual needs. . “It is so special to be discussing education in light of developing spiritual qualities,” said one young person. “Most of the time at school or work we focus on intellectual development.”

Vientiane, Laos Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service

Nov 2013
United States
Any business activity is held in Asia. I have needed little help to get the big search for my new projects that are completely about travelling field this is my profession and also my business I completely depended on it. However due to complete this project I need some help from the above members. If anyone likes to do for me I really thank full to you.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Russia
Dear friends,

Maybe you might help me with some questions about Youth Conferences:

1. Do you have any information about what happened with Youth Conferences in Baku, Bangui, Karachi and Khujand? There is no mention of those cities among conference reports at 114 Youth Conferences - Bahá'í World News Service

2. Also on the website there are mentions of Jakarta (Indonesia), Istanbul (Turkey for 9-11 August 2013), and Tbilisi (Georgia) but no reports published. Do you have any ideas why? Do you know how many people attended them?

3. I heard that there was a letter from UHJ with some guidelines how to take pictures and videos at Youth Conferences. If you have that letter by chance, can you share it with me, please?