Asia Youth Conferences in Asia

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil
Dear friends,

Maybe you might help me with some questions about Youth Conferences:

1. Do you have any information about what happened with Youth Conferences in Baku, Bangui, Karachi and Khujand? There is no mention of those cities among conference reports at 114 Youth Conferences - Bahá'í World News Service

2. Also on the website there are mentions of Jakarta (Indonesia), Istanbul (Turkey for 9-11 August 2013), and Tbilisi (Georgia) but no reports published. Do you have any ideas why? Do you know how many people attended them?

3. I heard that there was a letter from UHJ with some guidelines how to take pictures and videos at Youth Conferences. If you have that letter by chance, can you share it with me, please?
Khujand report was just posted - that conference was finally held in December. Also, there was considerable political unrest/violence recently in C.A.R., so it is probable that the Bangui conference was also delayed.

The other conferences were held in sensitive areas (Indonesia/Pakistan) or for youth from sensitive areas (Tblisi and 2nd Istanbul conferences were in Arabic for youth from Arabic-speaking countries). So as not to bring any additional danger to youth from these regions, no pictures or reports are published from these conferences.

Aug 2012
Recife, Brasil

Khujand Youth Conference
Tajikistan | 29 November - 1 December 2013

The participants arrived from all regions of Tajikistan—Dushanbe and Penjikent, Qurghonteppa and Konibodom, and the Gorno-Badakshan Autonomous Province. Some had to traverse treacherous alpine passes in order to reach their destination, a beautiful camp outside the city of Khujand.

Those gathered arose early on the morning of 29 November 2013 and prepared themselves for the conference. A stirring chant in Persian opened the first day’s proceedings, followed by a recitation of uplifting passages from the writings of the Bahá’í Faith in the Tajik, Uzbek, and Russian languages. After reading the 1 July 2013 message of the Universal House of Justice addressed to all youth conference participants, the group then split into two: Tajik-speakers and Russian-speakers.

Khujand Youth Conference - Bahá'í World News Service